I am doing the Manchester 10k run on Sunday!

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Helen 11 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

wendyduffield
    Participant

Hi all

Final preparations completed, I am running/jogging the Manchester 10k on Sunday and raising money for Myeloma UK! When I was on treatment last year,I almost threw all my sports gear away believing I would never run or play sports again yet here I am 8 months post transplant doing it, feeling well and enjoying life. I wanted to post this as some good news and to try and give hope to those who are going through treatment and transplants to hang on in there. If anyone wishes to sponsor me go to my page but it is not expected in these hard times.

http://www.justgiving.com/wendyduffield

warm regards

Wendy

Elizellen
    Participant

I only just noticed your post, Wendy!

Keeping my fingers crossed for the ideal conditions so you have a great time.

Eliz
    XX
    X

BADGER
    Participant

Hi Wendy

good luck for the 10k I am sure you will complete it running or walking it will be an achievement
    Love Jo x

DaiCro
    Participant

Good for you Wendy!

An ex-athlete I have now given up running for trundling…. I can get up quite a head of steam when I start my trundling… But I have the same stopping distance as the QEII!

Take your time and avoid any injuries… But enjoy your efforts and the rewards.

With you in spirit.:-D

Dai.

wendyduffield
    Participant

Thanks for your support all, Dai, I managed to trundle round in 68 minutes! It was one hard slog though, much harder than I remember when I did it in 2009 but when I found out my time it was the same as 2009 before all this started so I am really pleased. I thoroughly enjoyed the buzz of doing it, the support of the crowd, and have so far raised nearly £1000 for Myeloma UK in the process. I cant walk right now but it was worth it! Photos to be uploaded in due course. Hopefully I'll be back in 2013!

Elizellen
    Participant

Fantastic job, Wendy – both of completing it at all and of doing the same time as before MM reared its ugly head!

Eliz
    XX
    X

Anonymous

Well done. My daughter is doing the 10k British Run in London on 8 July and has raised nearly £2k for myeloma. xx

Helen
    Participant

Hi Wendy
    Well done for the run, not something I'm likely to ever do so I take my hat off to you. And a brilliant total for the charity
    Love Helen

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘I am doing the Manchester 10k run on Sunday!’ is closed to new replies.