I am newly diagnosed with Myeloma

This topic contains 16 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  KeithH17 11 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

KeithH17
    Participant

Hi Judd,

Only just seen your post and can certainly understand your feelings. I myself was misdiagnosed for over 18mths by my GP who said it was all in my mind and there was nothing at all wrong but I knew otherwise. I saw a chiropractor and had massage and manipulation because my lower back pain was so bad I was unable to walk more than 10 metres before having to rest. Then my Collarbone fractured and a week later my upper spine collapsed while I was eating a piece of toast. I managed to struggle into bed and as luck would happen my wife phoned me from work and I said phone an ambulance asap as I couldn't move. The Paramedics came out within 6 mins but without the right equipment. They had the morphine but not the right syringes to administer it and the gas/air bottle hadn't been refilled. The pain as you well know was absolutely unbearable but they did manage to get me to Hospital which is only 2 miles away which was just as well. I won't go too long into it now Judd but my official diagnosis was in Nov 2007 and now after 2 SCT's and 2 relapses I have just started my third treatment REV/DEX only this week which will be ongoing for as long as it works.

Hang on in there Judd and keep us all informed.
    We all do care on here because we all relate to each other and so can empathise and share experiences from a position of knowledge which is the only way anyone can really understand this horrible disease.

Stay positive and keep well.

Keith.

Vicki
    Participant

Hi David

Just wanted to wish you well with your consultants visit tomorrow 🙂

Vicki and Colin x

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘I am newly diagnosed with Myeloma’ is closed to new replies.