I don't get it!

This topic contains 16 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Vicki 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

eve
    Participant

Hi Vicky and Colin

Andy is right in saying things can change in a very short space of time,you have to be on the ball,Slim does not even like me changing a light bulb,he is not use to me having to do jobs he would normally do,so its very hard for him,I try to keep on top of things,because if I go out,I come back and find he has been up to something:-P

Vicky if you feel there is something wrong,do not take NO for an answer,!!!
    Slim has to have a BMB every 2 months as they cannot monitor it any more,it's only just starting to effect his bloods and that is only showing a slight decline,I pushed for a BMB after 6 months remission,I had support from a trial nurse,consultant eventually agreed and it was back.

Vicky if you get in touch with Mac Millan I believe they have a hotel on the south coast,for people with cancer and have a nurse on site,why not try a few days away first see how you get on.!!!!

Love Eve

Vicki
    Participant

Hi Andy and eve,

Thanks very much for your replies and encouragement. Firstly Andy hope your back op goes well, it's must be so painful for you. Colin only has one vertebrae damaged and that's bad enough!, I so hope that you are able to get some relief! I was wondering how you were getting on as I'd not seen any posts! Glad to hear from you! You are right with the holidays too-it's ironic as we were here there and everywhere, now our confidence has been hit. We should take a leaf out of your book! Hope the renovations are going ok Andy…..it's just such a mess but we are lucky at the moment as the weather is great.

Eve, you are so right. Colin is the same as slim, trying to do all sorts. However I do put my foot down sometimes…..since when as he taken any notice of that ha ha!. I do worry about it not showing in the blood though. And of course as he is on heavy duty pain killers for the back, how do we know if his bones hurt or not! Do you know what eve we really ought to just bite the bullet as we did go to Cornwall when Colin was on treatment! I think it's more that we are both in a rut because we are shattered and battered from the whole bxxx experience! I will not let it drift eve if Colin continues like this, he normally comes round to the idea with some time :-))

Take care and enjoy this lovely weather 🙂

Vicki and Colin xx

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘I don't get it!’ is closed to new replies.