I really don't think mum will hold out till my wedding :(

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  mhnevill 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Jewels36
    Participant

Hello,

Today I just realised my mum probably will not be there for my wedding which is on November 15th, she is gone to hospital again with stomach bug and flu like symptoms, before that she was sleeping all the time not eating or drinking hardly, and confused, I think my dad is trying to spare our feelings but I think it's obvious she is dying she has lost so much weight and she is so weak, they are not giving her chemo at the moment as well. So each day at time really 🙁 x

eve
    Participant

Hi Jules

All the symptoms you describe ,I have seen with my husband Slim,spent 10 days in ITU plus more in ward!!!so let's hope they can work wonders with your mum,if the can get the infection under control ,your mum could be at you're wedding,it's something for her to fight for.

So keep talking about the wedding to her,give her something to fight for,this will also give your Dad a rest.Eve

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Jewels,

Eve is right, like Slim and your Mum I too have beer right there only to be pulled back by the medics. Don't give up just yet. My eldest daughter Becky pulled her wedding forward by a year to make sure I could attend her wedding last October (22nd) and I made it and a wonderful occasion it was too. Almost a year on and I am still here, still fighting and still a little ahead of the game.:-D

The most important thing, once you get your Mum home, is to make sure she drinks a lot… 3 litres a day all told through water (with squashes etc), tea, coffee, milk etcetera… keeping her hydrated and her staying hydrated is the family's biggest task for your Mum… the more she drinks the better she will look and feel.8-)

I wish you and your Mum all the best.:-)

Dai.

tom
    Participant

Hi Jules

as you have read above it slips and slides this MM malarkey and am sure your Mum is just having a wee blip, they will soon sort it all out and the wedding will be a great occasion for you all.

Stay strong and help your Mum feel strong for that I am sure helps.

Love Tom Onwards and upwards xx

Jewels36
    Participant

Thank you for your kind wishes, your right I just need to be strong and positive, and keep going for her sake and talk about my wedding xx

Vicki
    Participant

Hey jules,

It's never over til it's over. Keep your mum involved, keep talking, be cheery, it's b hard but you can do it. Your mum will keep going if she keeps thinking there is something to go on for!! :0)

Good luck

Vicki and Colin xx

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi Jules

As others have said, Don't give up and be along with your mum as she battles against this wretched infection.

Lots of love.

Mavis x

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘I really don't think mum will hold out till my wedding :(’ is closed to new replies.