I was at Hospital Today and consultant said

This topic contains 37 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  PeterJames 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author

Vicki
    Participant

Tom,

When We read this…..hooray hooray hooray hooray. That's so so brilliant. You and young bride up the club now I bet. πŸ™‚ now what's in that vodka. Must be something special. What a brilliant result and you deserve it after all the support you give the rest of us πŸ™‚

Onwards and even more upwards :-)))

Vicki and Colin x

BADGER
    Participant

Blooming good news Tom
    onwards and upwards as usual keep on the Vodka must be working;-)
    Love and Hugs Jo x

tom
    Participant

Hi Folks

Gosh am overwhelmed by the response both here and on Face Book πŸ˜€
    Thanks for your best wishes BUT?? a lot of posts seem to mention Vodka?? do you think I should drink a bit now and then Ha ha.
    Yes its great news and i wonder if thats because I Harvested enough for two SCT's but they put them into three bags and not two πŸ™ I was a bit upset as they said they will give me them all that day :-/ so because i had near twice the ammount put back has that helped me have this lenth of Remission and (touch wood) little or no problems ? if thats so then I am realy Happy πŸ˜›

Once again Thank You

Love Tom Onwards and Upwards x

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi Tom,

So pleased to hear your news. I know how you feel because I got a reprieve this week, till May! Unfortunately I still have to go back every four weeks for Zometa after four months off it because of my dental treatment. Still, I think my poor old bones need all the help they can get. It seems like they keep you on Z omertΓ  indefinitely now. Has anyone else heard anything? It used to be two years!

keep strong and enjoy life. – even the odd tipple! They say "a little of what you fancy!"

Love Mavis x

meganjane
    Participant

Hi Tom,

Phil and I were both delighted to read your news, well done!! πŸ™‚

Megan

tom
    Participant

Hi Phil and Megan
    Thank You its good all the way πŸ˜€ am pleased to say, and i washed the Car good and proper yesterday and am still fit today ha ha.

Hi Tina
    Thanks it is good as you know when we get good news πŸ˜‰ I have heard about long term Zometa, I came off mine after two years, but to be fair I was pleased as they found it harder to find a usable Vein some times :-S
    You also Keep well and am sure my little tipple does me some good

Love Tom Onwards and upwards xxx

Babs
    Participant

Hi Tom,
    Really good to read your post, it has been for me very reassuring to hear all the positive posts just like yours on here.
    I hope it helps many others too who find themselves joining us on this journey.
    Love
    Babs

tom
    Participant

Hi Babs

Thanks and Yes I hope it gives strenth to others that have and are going through the same.
    Stay well

Love tom Onwards and Upwards xx

2ndbubble
    Participant

Great news for a great guy who was a great support when i all too briefly dipped in here a while back before life got way to hectic.
    Well done and thanks x

tom
    Participant

Hi Sarah
    And Thanks (gosh I do wish I could Blush) x

I hope Life has slowed down for you now as am sure it cant all be rush rush rush? or can it?

And you are welcome
    Love Tom xxx

2ndbubble
    Participant

Nope still all rush rush with me. I have a daughter with borderline personality disorder due to have my 2nd grandchild in June. Mum is struggling and trying to hide in the gin, I have a full time Job too runnng a block of retirement flats with increasing levels of residents with dementia which keeps me on my toes lol
    Other than that all is good
    Alwways good to here good news about good people
    Will check in a bit more often
    Take care
    love Sarah x

tom
    Participant

Hi Sarah
    Gosh you have your hands full I can see, and am sure its stressful for you all.

I hope you take some time out for yourself?? as you will need it.
    Congrats on the New baby they always bring an extra sparkle to people don't they.

Keep well and say Hi to your mom for me.

Love Tom Onwards and upwards xx

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Tom,

I sometimes get the feeing that one day, out of the blue, you will get pulled in and your consultant will sit you down with a grave face and say.. sorry Tom but we made a mistake, way back when… πŸ™

It seems that you don't actually have MM… in fact your complaint was linked to a blood disorder that affected your bones and showed similar results to MM. Your SCT actually cleared it up and all you need now is an occasional course of maintenance treatment to boost you upwards and onwards. πŸ˜€

He will go on to say that he noticed a study on Blood and Alcohol, especially Vodka, where these patterns were seen to emerge. 😎

Well Tom, I know it's a pipe-dream but if such a mistake had to be found in anyone I wish it on you. And the Vodka based Maintenance Therapy.. πŸ™‚

Much love and blessings. 😎

Dai.

tom
    Participant

Dai I have said that Many a time πŸ˜€ that I haven't and never did have it it was all a mix up Ha ha.

But I also feel that I am doing so well (drug free) is because I had enough Stem Cells for two transplants BUT they put them into three bags and not two :-S , so Saffy the consultant gave me the three bags, twice as much as I needed ? so do you think the SCT not working for some is because we should have more cells returned than they say we should have??
    Its a thought?.

And we all know the Vodka thins the blood so its moving faster and those Darn MM bugs cant catch it Ha ha.

Stay Well Dai and Love to Janet

Tom Onwards and upwards x

Vicki
    Participant

Hi Dai and Tom,

Wouldn't that be great if that were the case :-). If I have a magic wand I'd wave this mm goodbye for all of us….sufferers and supporters :-).

What strikes me is that when I read about mm before Colin's diagnosis it was supposed to be an 'older' persons condition. People seem to be younger and younger :-(. Still on a positive note someone needs to hurry up and find this cure, lots of living to do πŸ™‚

In the meantime where's that bottle of vodka πŸ™‚

Vicki and Colin x

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘I was at Hospital Today and consultant said’ is closed to new replies.