Ian in rehab

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Dizzyliz 11 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

bandityoga
    Participant

Ian is now in a rehabilitation hospital and hopefully with physio he will be mobile and be able to come home. I miss him so much.

Maureen

BADGER
    Participant

Hello Maureen

I hope all goes well and he is home with you soon
    Love Jo

tom
    Participant

Hi Maureen and Ian

Aww I bet you miss him, lets hope its just for a short stay and Physio soon get Ian as near up and running as they can.
    Take Care and Give Ian My Regards and tell him we are rooting for him and of course you.

Love Tom Onwards and upwards xxxx

Eva
    Participant

Dear Maureen,
    How often and for how long can you see Ian?
    Have the rehab people gotten any expectations of the different ways in which Ian might become more mobile?
    I wonder whether in time, someone could call at your place daily and assist with rehab.
    Best,
    Eva

meganjane
    Participant

Hello Maureen,

I was sorry to read that Ian had a temperature but I am glad that they found out what the infection was and he was able to return to rehab. I hope that with the rehab Ian will soon be able to go home.

Megan

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi Maureen

I am a real believer in Physio. If you have a good therapist they can work miracles provided Ian is willing to put in the work and i am sure he will.

I have returned to mobility six times so I know it is possible!

Lots of love Mavis x

Vicki
    Participant

Maureen

I hope Ian is home soon, it's so hard isn't it. The other half is just that! Physio will be good and with perseverance , not always easy, things will come good 🙂

Vicki and Colin x

bandityoga
    Participant

Hi Eva

We don't know yet how mobile Ian will be but doctor is quie sure he will be.

I visit Ian twice a day from 2-3pm and 6.30 to 8pm. I live 30 minutes away from Falkirk and finding it hard and exhausting some times. His family are visitng today and tomorrow at 2pm which gives me 2 days to catch up with housework.

I am taking time out and going shopping this afternoon then meeting with a girl friend for dinner and cinema.

I did ask the question of our private health is Ian could have private rehab and liase with an NHS hospital nearby for myeloma.If I supply with them a statement from his consulatant what physio and rehab he needs they think it will be possible. Ian isn't too keen to move at the moment as it will either be Glasgow or Edinburgh and I can't visit every day. We will wait and see what progress he makes in Falkirk.

Hope you are keeping well.

Maureen

Dizzyliz
    Participant

Hi Maureen,

Been reading your posts I'm a carer for hubby kev and the longest I've been away from him was when he had his sct ( three weeks) and the visiting does catch up with you. You must miss him terribly and I hope that Ian will be back home pretty soon
    I will be keeping fingers crossed keep well.

Love liz & kev xx

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Ian in rehab’ is closed to new replies.