I'm still standing! Celebrate the little things

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  paulapurple 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

paulapurple
    Participant

My blog this week is about appreciating and celebrating the little things in life. My treatment wasn’t working and it is easy to get depressed about it until a friend reminded me that I was still standing!

Here’s the link if you want to read more

mymyeloma.wordpress.com

Avril
    Participant

I have just your read your blog paulapurple and I am in awe of you for keeping such a great sense of humour after all you have been through and are still going through. It’s good that you have family around you for support.

Your blog has made feel a right scaredy cat as I was getting so worried about a 2nd SCT, when I should be celebrating the fact that I have enough stem cells for a second and not keep over analysing and getting worked up about the side effects (the last one was pretty awful!)

However, having read your blog I feel in a much better place now and can only hope that things start improving for you for you. I love your hair by the way, as I was thinking of going pink myself when my hair grows back after my next SCT. Keep going with the blog I shall check in every week or so.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by  Avril.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by  Avril.

paulapurple
    Participant

Thank you for your lovely comments Avril, I really appreciate that. I have always been a glass half full type of person! I have had a really good response to my blog and I enjoy writing it; it’s the academic in me that misses the writing.

I will be having a stem cell transplant hopefully in the New Year and when my hair grows back I hope it will be white (a lot of it is already) then, when it’s long enough I can dye it all sorts of pastel shades!

Hope you SCT goes OK; it may well be better this time remember!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘I'm still standing! Celebrate the little things’ is closed to new replies.