Immunoglobulins

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ClaireDonnelly 13 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

ClaireDonnelly
    Participant

Hi there
    I'm new to the site.

My Dad(age 79)was diagnosed with myeloma about 4 years ago. he has received a monthly infusion of immunoglobulins for the last while but last week he had a reaction to the infusion (shivering, temperature etc) and the consultant says he won;t be having the infusion again.

What does this mean for his immunity? Will he be more prone to infection? Are there any ways we can help boost his immunity through natural means or is this a waste of time?

Thanks

Claire

brocho
    Participant

Hi Claire sorry I cat be any help regarding the immunoglobins but I am sure you will get replies from others who can As for boosting immunity my understanding is immunity is always going to below par , Following a normal healthy diet with plenty of vitamin c cant hurt but really its jusy about avoiding situations such as heavy crowds and people who might pass an infection on .Is your dad on acilovir? A lot of people are prescribed it as extra protection .Best wishes Bridget

ClaireDonnelly
    Participant

Thanks for your reply Bridget. I'm not sure if he is on aciclover. I'll check with him. Waiting for the consultant to ring me about recent developments.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Immunoglobulins’ is closed to new replies.