in hospital for my sct

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  jmsmyth 11 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

peggy
    Participant

I'm in now and have been for the past five days but have had trouble connecting up on the internet. I'm not being allowed home after the chemo as my kidney's state is such that I require careful monitoring.. A good thing too as I have constantly felt nauseaus from day 1 and have been on almost constant drips of anti emetic drugs and steroiids.. The food in the hospital is fine but I just don't feel able to stomach it annd have already begun to see the weight drop off. so it'a good thing that I piled on those pounds in preparration!

The thing that I personally found the most unpleasant so far was the nebuliser with whatever was in it before the melphelan was adminitsered. It coated everything in a thik coat of white. I presume everyone gets this and it only lasts15 miinutes or so but I felt quite distressed , but hey ho that'one more thing over with.

I understand that the days are counted from the date of the chemo so all I can say now is roll on day 5 and all those to foollow

Best wishes to all,
    b Peggy

BADGER
    Participant

gOOD Luck Peggy

I hope all goes well for you and you have a successful SCT
    rEGARDS Jo x

jmsmyth
    Participant

Good luck from me Peggy. Hope all goes well
    Love Jean xxxx

meganjane
    Participant

Hi Peggy,

I hope you start to feel better soon and that the rest of your stay in hospital goes smoothly.

Megan

tom
    Participant

Hi Peggy

I bet you find it strange to h
    Ave no internet for a few days ???? good luck and take it steady.

Love Tom Onwards and Upwards xxx

Ali
    Participant

Hi Peggy

Just wishing you a very uneventful stay in hospital.

Much love Ali xx

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Peggy

Just wondering how you are getting on with SCT. hope all is going well

Love Jean x

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘in hospital for my sct’ is closed to new replies.