It's not the cough etc etc

This topic contains 24 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  adamsp41 11 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Ali
    Participant

Hi Helen,

Great news! Well done you. Short but sweet from me,using new phone to type and its a bit of a mare!

Love Alison xx

wendyduffield
    Participant

Hi Helen

its good to hear your immune system is doing its job in fighting the whooping cough, hope you get over it soon so you can return to enjoying your remission (whoop whoop!!). I am doing fine and touch wood no coughs or colds for a good while now, had a great holiday playing tennis in Corfu a few weeks ago and did the patient experience talk at Manchester Myeloma Info day which was good fun.

Love Wendy

Helen
    Participant

Hi Wendy, Well done, it's a bit scary doing the patient thing, I did the Newcastle one in March and found it quite terrifying! I'm most impressed by all your activity holidays too. I'm really quite indolent, no energy at all really, I expect its the cough and going back to work. It is getting better and I'm more inclined to do things but I'm still lurching from one infection to another, I'm hoping for a few months germ free when I get over this episode. Then I can start planning another holiday:-)
    Love Helen

adamsp41
    Participant

Hi Helen…I too like you suffer from infections and it looks like now you seem to be getting on top of the whooping cough…great news…I had a cough for 4 months (damn nuisance) post SCT and had all tests scans etc from the clinic(all clear) and it did eventually ease off and just cleared up on it's own basically…good luck in planning another holiday and staying infection free…well done…Phil

Helen
    Participant

Thanks Phil. It is improving and…. I'm really trying not to pick anything else up …. My family reckon its just my turn, having never had so much as flu in my entire life, just walloped with everything recently!
    Love Helen

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hey Helen

I thought the pesky cough had cleared up. Hope it goes soon. I know the whooping cough does last some time but you have had it long enough. It's time it takes a hike!!

Take care
    Love Jean x

adamsp41
    Participant

Hi Helen…might sound daft but have you had your flu jab ? just a thought…stay safe…Phil

Helen
    Participant

Hi Jean and Phil
    I'd love to give the cough it's marching orders but its still here, slowly getting better, I think I'm just one of those people who takes longer to get better for some reason, very annoying but nothing I can do about it.
    And thanks Phil yes I have had my flu jab, in view of the number of infections I've had there was no choice really. Do you think you had whooping cough when you had your 4 month cough? Especially if they didn't find anything.
    Love Helen

tom
    Participant

Hi Helen

Well I stopped smoking in November 2009 just prior to SCT and my cough/chest has never been as bad 🙁 I have always had a iccle tiny cough when I smoked as my Young Bride (Elaine) called it an attention cough Lol, but that iccle cough has grown up and been a bother for a few years now its just weaker :-S

Had me flu Jab also

Keep well and at this time of the morning the shy is blue and tha sun is shinning

Tom "Onwards and Upwards! xxx

adamsp41
    Participant

Hi Helen…don't really know if it was whooping cough or not …my recollection is that none of the consultants or my GP were not too concerned once my scans …tests etc had come back clear…mine was a tickly irritating cough…not a chesty one…hope this helps…stay safe…Phil

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘It's not the cough etc etc’ is closed to new replies.