Jaundice

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  san 11 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

san
    Participant

Hello, i wonder if anyone has had jaundice or knows of this whilst on RCD XL clinical trial, looks like it could be the Revlimid re side effects, poor Mum has developed this in the last couple of days and so we rang the ward today and are going to hospital tomorrow to have bloods and see the Dr there, thank you San x

ellen

Dear San

I am sorry that you haven?t had any responses to your question as yet. This is probably because Jaundice is a fairly rare side-effect/complication and the other board users may not have any experience of it.

Jaundice (or yellowing of the skin and whites of the eyes) can happen for a number of reasons. Perhaps the most common cause of Jaundice is inflammation or disease of the liver.

It is known that Revlimid can cause inflammation of the liver and if your doctor thinks that this may be the cause then it may be necessary to reduce the dose of Revlimid or to stop it temporarily.

I hope that this helps but please don?t hesitate to get in touch with myself or one of my colleagues at Myeloma UK, we will do our best to clarify things for you. We can be contacted directly on the Freephone Myeloma Infoline or by email to askthenurse@myeloma.org.uk

Ellen

san
    Participant

Ahh thank you Ellen, today Mum had an ultrasound abdomen but no gallstones or obstruction so as you say may be the liver itself, we are waiting to hear re the 4th cycle of revlimid, and as you mention maybe a short break and reduced dose, i will let you know as it may help somebody else in the future, poor Mum seems to be beset with problems nothing has been straightforward, but everybody's story is so unique, and thank you i may ring the infoline if things get more confusing,i am so thankful of this forum San

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Jaundice’ is closed to new replies.