Just a thought!

This topic contains 28 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  mhnevill 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

BADGER
    Participant

Hi Andy

I agree with you my neuts not too bad I avoid colds etc but we go out and about as much as possible got to live our lives hope to go to Majorca in October keep well
    Jo

Kazzam2
    Participant

Hi Tony, (Hi Carol,Dai and Ali)

I have not been on for a while, I have only just seen this post.

I hope you are better soon, and enjoy your holiday! 😉

I am at my first clinic in 3 months tomorrow, though I have been for Zometa, BMT and Radiotherapy in the meantime.

Take care
    Karen
    x

Gill
    Participant

You are right Mavis on Stephen's death certificate no 1 was renal failure and MM only came in at number 2

tonyf
    Participant

Hi Karren, good luck with your clinic tomorrow,
    Regards
    Tony F

eve
    Participant

Hi Karen

Just popping in to say good luck for today's clinic,I know you were worried about the BMB results,I take it you will get them today,but I am sure if it was any thing major,consultant would have seen you earlier.

You had better open the cupboard door brush the Myeloma off,take it to clinic ,then come home ,lock it back in the cupboard,to get dusty again. love Eve

Kazzam2
    Participant

Thanks Eve and Tony for best wishes, my consultant says I am in remission so will see me in 3 months (interim bloods in 6 weeks), so apart from pain i am okay:-)

Regards tpo all, sorry for hijacking a thread.

Karen
    x

Kazzam2
    Participant

Thanks Eve and Tony for best wishes, my consultant says I am in remission so will see me in 3 months (interim bloods in 6 weeks), so apart from pain i am okay:-)

Regards tpo all, sorry for hijacking a thread.

Karen
    x

Vicki
    Participant

Hi all

Stock up on the anti bacterial wipes and sprays. I'm still conscious with ref to food freshness, sea food and anyone with health issues. Can't be too careful. Totally agree!

Vick, and colinxx

daisychain
    Participant

Hi Mavis

How right it is

I was diagnosed 7 years ago at 45 life expectancy 3/5 years and my friends quite logically at the time thought that I would be the first to going to the spirit in the sky!!!

since then 1 very close friend died at 44, 3 other people i know also passed away at a young age – none of which had mm

Also whilst as an inpatient in the royal marsden sutton 2 years ago I passed out broke 8 ribs had punctured lung flail chest internal bleeding etc got to rushed to st George's and was a lot closer to going to the spirit in sky than I'd ever been!!!

Anything can happen in life. They say ignorance is bliss I very often agree with this as my struggle is emotionally living with cancer and mm with no cure.

Dawn x

daisychain
    Participant

I agree

Dawn

daisychain
    Participant

Thanks eve

Sim very good tips

Dawn xxx

daisychain
    Participant

Hey andy

What a fabulous attitude so inspirational !!!! Thank you

Ps do you take gcsf?

Pps I've just Coe back from Ibiza the quit part of course and it was such a tonic. My consultant prof Gareth Morgan royal royal marsden Sutton as a very similar philosophy to you an he has helped me so much emotionally.

Dawn x

andyg
    Participant

Hi Dawn.
    I'm recovering from surgery on my spine at the moment. I had kyphoplasty on T11 & T12 two weeks ago! I had a pre holiday check up on Friday. My bloods came back a bit low. My neuts were down to 0.6! I'm booked in for my usual end of cycle blood tests next week and their giving me a pre holiday blood transfusion, but got the green light to travel.
    So this time next week I should be sitting in the warmth of the Greek sunshine. Just got to avoid people lol hard to do on a plane.
    I've not been given gcsf yet guess they're keeping that in the locker for emergencies.
    My consultant supports me in doing what I want whilst I can – you've got to make hay whilst the sun shines 😎

Every day is a gift
    Use it

Andy xx

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi Andy

I am so glad you are going off to Greece. Do hope the sun does miracles for you. Do hope the back op does the trick.

So agree we must do things while we can. We are off to Luxembourg for the third time in October. I want my grandsons to remember me as someone they could have fun with even though my mobility is so limited.

I love your slogan "every day is a gift – use it!". It encapsulates my philosophy so well. It is a shorthand way of reminding myself of it.

Blessings to you and all yours.

Mavis x

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Just a thought!’ is closed to new replies.