Latest

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Kazzam2 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Johno
    Participant

Ok, latest is due to the intense pain in my back which has been steadily getting worse day by day I started radiotherapy at Portsmouth and I go daily for 5 days. Also my Doctor at St Richards did not want to put me on Bisphosphonates until I had my teeth checked by my Dentist, had the check this morning and an Xray and had an extraction at lunchtime. I have an appointment at St Richards tomorrow, so maybe they will put me on Bisphosphonates.
    John

tom
    Participant

Hi John

I was on Zometa after my SCT in 2009 for two years and if I remember correctly I was told that to have a tooth extraction I would have to be off the Zometa a couple of months pre and a couple of months post extraction :-S
    but am not sure if having Bisphosphonates is the same.

Good Luck with it all and hope you are soon sorted.

Tom Onwards and Upwards

eve
    Participant

Hi John and Tom

slim had a tooth removed in the middle of treatment,just had to have had Zometa at least two weeks previous ,dentist would not touch it,hospital. Dentist took it out,said Zometa not as effective as time went on!!!!
    As for the pain John they do zap it when the pain is intense or causing cord compression,so all good you should find relief soon,much better than taking heavy medication.
    The problem with pain and medication,is only you know how bad it is and how it effect you,this is why people will tell you to listen to your body,and try not to be superman on the Dex.Good luck with the rest of your treatment .Eve

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi John

Do hope radiotherapy helps the pain.

Like Tom, I had to leave off Zometer for a couple of months before AND after treatment. However, I now need further treatment and have agreed with Dental Consultant not to stop the infusions. I reckon it is doing me so much good that I'd rather risk necrosis than broken bones.

Hi Tom

Interested that your Consultant says Zometa not so effective after two years. I wonder how they know as there will only now be any of us who have been on it that long!

Best wishes to you both.

Mavis

BADGER
    Participant

Hi Mavis

I hope you are well I have been on bisphosphates for four years all be it a lower dose 30mgs because of my kidneys. I have premidrinate not zometa again because zometa damages the kidneys I am under UCH and they want me to continue
    Keep well:-)
    Love Jo

Kazzam2
    Participant

Hi all,

Mavis, Hi, that sounded very definite about Zometta damaging kidneys. This is the first I have heard of this. I know there is risk factors, but not a given 🙁

The thing with MM is there is always a surprise round the corner. 🙁
    Best wishes to all.
    Karen
    x

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Latest’ is closed to new replies.