Light chains down again

This topic contains 18 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  bandityoga 11 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

bandityoga
    Participant

Hi Helen

Are you sure you're not a mathemetician? I will ask the consultant what Ian's light chains are on both kappa and lambda. Thanks for the information.

Ian's were initially 4000 and now down to 52 after 3.50 cycles so he has had a superb response. Hope he is in remission a long time.

Love Maureen

bandityoga
    Participant

Hi Jan

Ian's light chains were initially 4000 and now 52 after 3.50 cycles od CDT so he has had a superb response. No SCT at present as he is still bedridden but who knows whaT will happen in the future. One day at a time.

Only hope this bed sore will heal soon and he will get more intensive physio so we can see how mobile he can be.

Thinking positive and praying.

Hope you have a long remission.

Love Maureen

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Maureen,

I have been following Ian's progress and I am so glad that he is doing so well… but… while I can understand stopping treatment to allow Ian's body some respite by way of letting him recover from his bedsore etc., I don't understand why treatment has not continued now that the shingles have gone and he is on the mend. kappa light chains at 54 from 4000 is excellent but it is a job half done in my opinion. Another couple of cycles would most likely knock his light chains down to 0 and bring all the other important ratios into line as well. Leaving the light chains lingering just outside the normal parameters is fine if they are lining him up for a SCT… but if you don't want to go down that road, or at least not yet, then you will want his light chains hammered down into complete remission… and I don't see why this has not been offered.

Still, it's your choice and if the SCT route is definitely on then it doesn't matter.

Regards 🙂

Dai.

bandityoga
    Participant

Hi Dai

Ian's treatment stopped to allow his bed sore to heal as it is quite deep and could have gone into his bones. It is looking a bit better but still have a few weeks before it has healed. He is not allowed out of bed and is on a 30% tilt to take the pressure of the wound, so we cannot go forward until the bed sore is healed.

No SCT at the moment until we see how mobile he can be.

Hope you are well and have got the myeloma under control.

Maureen

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Light chains down again’ is closed to new replies.