Lightly chained to the Roller Coaster Ride

This topic contains 116 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  Ali 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 106 through 117 (of 117 total)
  • Author

Ali
    Participant

Hi Helen,

Well that sounds great! Dont think I could actually camp, we have a touring caravan which I absolutely love, being in a tent just seems too much like hard work. Im abit of a clean freak so could not cope with all the loose grass and mud, would drive me crackers! I have never been to a festival either…may put it on my list, but for now watching it in the comfort of my living room seems fine!

Family holiday is a cruise, we were trying to think of something that would suit us all. Dad at first suggested a villa somewhere, which would be great but Mum and I would be on the go all the blooming time, you know cooking and tidying. Then we just thought of a hotel in the med, but Mum and Dad arent much for sunbathing. So by going on a cruise we all get pampered, there are clubs for the kids, Mum and Dad can spend as much or as little time with us, as they choose. The best bit is though I get to visit places I always wanted to go! Athens, Istanbul:-0 (oh dear at the moment) a couple of Greek islands so we can have a splash in the sea. It all just sounds great!

How are you doing?

Ps My Mum found out the other week that her cousin (who lives away from us and a part of the family that we dont hear from very often) also has Myeloma, strange that.

Love Ali x

Helen
    Participant

Results are in after first cycle of Velcade a drop from 155 to 33 in the SFLCs hurrah
    H

PatG
    Participant

That's fantastic Helen, really encouraging. My FLC's are down to 24 and yesterday my consultant stopped velcade(afer I had it !)and I just have to continue with dex and cyclophosphamine for the next 2 weeks. I can't stop smiling!
    Love
    Pat xxx

meganjane
    Participant

Hi Helen,

That is wonderful news. Keep us posted on the result of your letter as well, Phil and I turned up for a 10am appointment with his consultant last week and finally saw him at 1pm, the upside was we were in the building with the comfortable chairs but the downside was it was the waiting room with no tea, coffee or water available. It seems you can either have a comfy seat or a drink but not both!

Megan

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Helen really great news – keep it up !!! 🙂

Pat good for you keep smiling. How's wee Beatrix

Love Jean x

bandityoga
    Participant

Hi Helen

Good news, you must be feeling a lot better. Keep it up.

Ian's lmabda light chains were 210 at the last visit, if they keep rising, he will be bakc on CDT.

Maureen

PatG
    Participant

Hi Jean,
    My goodness Beatrix is coming on in leaps and bounds now bless her. 13 lbs and counting. Hope you like the photo.
    Best wishes to all.
    Love
    Pat xx

jmsmyth
    Participant

Pat she's a wee beaut 🙂 . Any idea of visit yet?
    Love Jean x

PatG
    Participant

Planning on 25th August. That way I get two birthdays! Not entirely sure that is a good thing at my age, but who cares?
    Love Pat x

Ali
    Participant

Hi Helen

Wonderful news, you must be so pleased and encouraged by that news. Well done and keep it up please 🙂

Love Ali x

Vicki
    Participant

Hey Helen,

Great news and that's after only one cycle…..:-) its tough even though but hey crack on velcade!

Can't believe they took that long Megan Jane . We were in and out in a hour and a half yesterday.:-) bloods all ok thank goodness xxx

Chins up all

Vicki and colinxx

Ali
    Participant

Hi Helen,

Just checking how things are with you? You are probably getting ready for your break away this weekend. Have a lovely time 🙂

Love Ali x

Viewing 12 posts - 106 through 117 (of 117 total)

The topic ‘Lightly chained to the Roller Coaster Ride’ is closed to new replies.