Loss of appetite

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  tom 11 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

TinaP
    Participant

Hi everybody,

Although I can eat cornflakes and toast for breakfast, and porridge followe by yogurt for lunch,I have no interest in a meat and two veg type meal. I struggle to eat a child's size portion.

I have almost forgotten what hunger pangs feel like. I had my SCT on 10th October 2012. I know its not a long time, but I would love to enjoy my food again.

Any suggestions please?

Love to all of you out there,

Tina
    xx

Perkymite
    Participant

Hi Tina, Have you got back your taste buds?

The plan most seem to use is to go for very small portions of your favourite food on small plates and then gradually increase the quantitiy of food.

I got my taste buds back on Christmas Day after my SCT in Nov/Dec 2010. But I did not have a great desire to eat. Unfortunately I cannot remember when my desire to have a Bacon sandwich returned but it was some time after the SCT by that I am talking 6 to 9 months. I well remember Mo having to bin plates of lovely food in the early days.

I hope your keeping well and staying well clear of any ?bugs?. Kindest regards – vasbyte

David

TinaP
    Participant

Hi David,

My taste buds are working, but I still have no saliva!!

This mskes eating anything dry very difficult.

I have not had hunger pangs since before CDT.

John gives me small portions. but a lot goes in the bin.

Thanks

Tina

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi Tina

I wonder if losss of appititite is one of the longterm efffects of CDT as I haven't has a SCT, but still have no real appitite. I feel sorry for Gordon who cooks for me.

The only up-side of it for me is I have lost some weight and kept it off. However, I find not eating a balanced diet doesn't help the constipation!

Do take care and keep fighting!

Love Mavis x

peggy
    Participant

No suggestions concerning the appetite..mine came back fairly quickly and I've regained nearly all the weight that I lost. However, regarding the lack of saliva when I was in hospital I was given a spray to replace the missing saliva. I only needed it temporarily but maybe you could get a prescription for something similar from your doctor. I most certainly couldn't have eaten without its help.

All the best,
    Peggy

tom
    Participant

Hey Girls and Guys

As for lack of saliva!! its been a long time since i was in that position but I used Chewing Gum 😀 and I know a lot of you Ladies wont use it? but it worked for iccle ole me 😎
    As for the food I was some time before i could eat big what i call Sunday Dinners, but it came back after about 6 months post SCT with a Vengance and now I buy Bigger size Jeans Ha ha.

Good Luck to you all

Tom Onwards and Upwards xx

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Loss of appetite’ is closed to new replies.