Mouth sores…to ice or not to ice that is the question.

This topic contains 17 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Carolsymons 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Carolsymons
    Participant

Hi Vicki & Colin

Well I am now day 40 days post SCT and am definitely having more good days than bad. All bloods are within normal range and I am eagerly awaiting day 100 when cancer markets will be checked as well as another biopsy. I am still quite fatigued but am down to 1 nap a day instead of 2, so that’s progress. I rarely sleep more than 2 hours at a time through the night which doesn’t really help the fatigue. The last 2 days I have been out walking so must continue that as well…I have been VERY lazy! I am hoping for a phased return to work on 22 April as I am almost at the end of my sick pay! I have also listed my flat for sale, planning to return to Australia in July if all goes well at the 100 day mark.

Carol

dusk
    Participant

Hi Carol

I am happy for you that you are growing  from strength to strength post SCT and wish you a very long remission.

I am interested in the fact that some people e.g. like yourself and Tom who is going through second SCT have been ‘selling up’ or ‘downshifting’. Moving home is very demanding of physical and mental energy / time. I too am thinking of the same but do not have a ‘partner’ so cannot see how I will manage with my state of health now.

I had estate agent valuation as soon as I realised what I needed to plan. But the work involved is huge if I am to get the best price.

Any tips on this?

Best wishes

Dusk

Carolsymons
    Participant

Hi Dusk

Yes it is daunting especially when still recovering from such a harsh process as the SCT. However, all of my family is in Australia and at 64 I am ready to retire and try to enjoy whatever years this cancer allows me. Selling in the UK is quite different from Australia as well, so I am just putting my trust in an estate agent and hoping all goes smoothly. I am hoping to sell the flat fully furnished (including crockery, cutlery, linen etc etc) and return to Australia just with a suitcase or 2, so at least won’t have the daunting process of packing up the place. It is amazing how much stuff I have managed to accumulate in 8 years in London.

But….my unit in Australia is just a 5 minute walk from the fabulous beach at Surfer’s Paradise, Gold Coast, Queensland and as well as re- connecting with family and friends I just
    want to walk in the sand, soak up the sun and swim in the blue sea! it will be quite a bit different from life in Northolt, west London, that’s for sure!

Carol

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Mouth sores…to ice or not to ice that is the question.’ is closed to new replies.