Mutli-Myeloma wish knew about this site 3 years ago

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  whoopiscuba 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

whoopiscuba
    Participant

It was a shock when told I could not go back to the job i was doing abroad and my family had hidden my passport from me.  I had not notice the lose of weight on my just thought i had being working so hard, i had just popped over for a week to say hi to my family on the Monday and out back abroad on the Friday.  Well that never happened.  My daughter-in-law made me arrange to go and see my doctor he then sent me for a bloody test and day there was a message left on my son answer machine to sayI need to go to Ealing Hospital etc and bring a family member.   Still not thinking much, we all went too the hospital.   Called into an office where a Consultant and a Head lots of open question he asked me about me (and all i was thinking about was my flight on Friday).  Then he said the ‘C’ word i heard it but didn’t and most of you would be able to relate to what i am saying .   I just said to him can i come back next year(it was November at this time) as I am to busy to take time off plus I don’t want to take any time off. He just said who would benefit from this, apart from your family not seeing you alive anymore.

I then turned round to him and said in January 2012 I had booked to go to Icland to 3 day pampering at the Blue Lagoon and the February 2012 (my birthday) to Cuba for 2 wks.  He looked at me and before he could say anything I said ‘You are not stopping me from going” he smiled and said I had a strong personality and he would not stop me from going as that would make me feel depressed and anxious so he said ‘before I leave for Cuba come and and we will give you a course of tabs to take with you for you to take on holiday’. He said the day I come back which would be a Wednesday he wanted to see me at 08.00am on the Thursday to start my treatment and from there it was DOWNHILL from there as from not being sick to being sick all the time .  3 1/2 years on still got Multi-Myeloma-Chemo-Protien-Almloyidosis-AF. ITS THE ITCHY I CAN’T TAKE and they say its underline without actually admitting its all the Meds they have put me on.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Mutli-Myeloma wish knew about this site 3 years ago’ is closed to new replies.