My husband has just been told he has got myeloma!!

This topic contains 140 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  dee4894 11 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 136 through 141 (of 141 total)
  • Author

dee4894
    Participant

So uh. Yeah. Things aren't looking good.
    My dad has only had three sessions of chemo; his kidneys went down to 13%, which was a drop of 7% since last checked and he was sent back home at 15% – which was two days ago. He's being sick etc, and so he now isn't drinking again, because who wants to drink when they're being sick?
    This morning we cried together because he doesn't think he's going to last very long. He thinks the chemo isn't helping and only making him worse, that his body is rejecting it. He has to have dialysis which he doesn't really want. If he decides to have it, he would be traveling every day to have line drains, bloods and dialysis. Also he can't have chemo while on dialysis. I am pretty sure he's giving up.
    He sees people walk in and out of the cancer ward, seeming perfectly fine and even drive themselves home. The fact that they can move so easily makes him sad because he can't.
    I don't really know what to do. I'm not going to tell him that everything will be okay and that he'll get better, because I can't if I don't believe it myself. Things are far too bad for me to be able to be positive.
    I thought I'd update. Plus, I just wanted to know if anybody else here has had kidneys that far failing and they've got a load better?
    Thanks <3
    – Dee.

tom
    Participant

Hi Dee

I am sorry to hear your dads going through a rough time with the treatment, I do hope your dad isnt giving up and am sure its hard for you all at this time.

Stay Strong not only for your Dad but yourself.

Love and Hugs to you Both

Tom "Onwards and upwards" xxx

Elizellen
    Participant

I am so sorry things are not going better for your Dad, Dee.

As this is at the end of a long thread with many things discussed in it, it might be an idea to start a seperate thread in a diferent forum with your question about kidney problems, so it will be easier for anyone with some experience of this to see.

Love
    Eliz
    XX
    X

dee4894
    Participant

That's a good idea.. I didn't even think of that.
    Thank you.
    – Dee.

foxy555
    Participant

Hi Debs

Just wanted to say, read your article in Myeloma Matters. Beautifully written and you look great!!!!!

Best wishes

Ann and Pete
    x

Debs
    Participant

Dear Anne & Pete

Thanks for that….I'd sort of not clicked that I'd be seeing our faces on the front cover! A bit of a shock to say the least! Anyway, I hope it helps someone out there a little bit…

Hope you are well

Debs x

Viewing 6 posts - 136 through 141 (of 141 total)

The topic ‘My husband has just been told he has got myeloma!!’ is closed to new replies.