My Mum – outcome of Velcade treatment

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Vicki 11 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

jills
    Participant

Hi,

Thought I would give an update in case it is useful to anyone. My Mum (age 83, diagnosed with MM in 2007, CTD during 2008/9, remission for 2 years, relapse in Feb 2012) has just completed 4 cycles of sub cut Velcade with dexamethasone. We saw her consultant on Thursday and received the good news that her PP and Light chains have reduced and so she has now 'plateaued' and will does not need any further treatment at the moment. She coped OK with the Velcade but found the Dex rather hard work as I know others do. The worst bit was the weekly hospital visits which are hard work for us both!

All the best,
    Jill

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Jill

Thanks for posting this I love reading positive posts like this. I'm glad your mum came through treatment with such good results. My hubby is on CDT and the Dex is as you say "hard work". My best wishes to your mum and long may it continue.
    Take care
    Love Jean

tom
    Participant

Hi Jill

Yes another great story I bet you are all over the moon as your Mum is doing great.

I bet you love the sound of that word 'plateaued' I cant get enough of it give me 'plateaued' any time 😎

Love to you all

Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xxx

Eva
    Participant

Dear Jill,
    Delighted with the news.
    Good luck to your mother – it's wonderful too that you are giving her such support.
    Eva

Elizellen
    Participant

What great positive results, Jill!

Your mum is my hero to have gone through so much and come out on top!!

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Ah1sAaOB0wc/T_DbcvPNBwI/AAAAAAAAA_g/PWFp3Qc3_RI/s640/wonder-woman.jpg[/img]

Love
    Eliz
    XX
    X

Vicki
    Participant

Hey thats great news for your mum, and you Jill,

This mm thing is hard at any age but your mum at 83. What a fighter. Keep on going and keep well x

Vicki and Colin x

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘My Mum – outcome of Velcade treatment’ is closed to new replies.