My Stem Cell Transplant Journey

This topic contains 49 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  tom 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author

keithmt
    Participant

Well, that’s kind of you to say. To be honest, I bought the Stag in December 2013 as I knew I needed a focus to get to the other side of my treatment and it seems to have done the trick.

I wasn’t aware that Ace Cafe did car events but I’ve just seen that they have a Triumph event in June. It’s a bit of a hike from Hampshire but I might just go.

A Triple Speed eh? That’s one monster of a bike …….. I really hope you can get out on it, I’m sure you can.

Best wishes

Keith

keithmt
    Participant

So, on day 50 after STC I realise that the past week I have finally climbed out of most side effects. Appetite is back, taste is back, finger/toe nails are growing with a vengeance, some facial hair is starting to grow back. Physically I can do more but still have big limitations of strength and stamina but I’m sure this will improve with time and effort. My only residual issue is the continued pins and needles in my lower legs and feet but I hope that in time these subside.

It’s great to be feeling like “me” again and all I need to do is get my biopsy done in early July and find out if I’m in remission. That’ll be a nervous time.

As I’ve said before, I’m hugely thankful that I seem to have gone through this with far less impact than a number of other people on the forum and just hope that others who read this can see that it is possible.

My sincere thanks to all of you who have posted such positive comments.

Keith

• This reply was modified 9 years, 11 months ago by  keithmt.

wallace
    Participant

Hair growing back? Now that’s just showing off Superman! I struggled with clinical depression post SCT and one of the anti-depressants I was prescribed had a side effect that reduced my white cell count. Great fun those tablets were, 2 weeks or more before they take effect and to get off them takes about the same time gradually reducing the dose. I hope you don’t have to suffer the depression I went through.

Mike

keithmt
    Participant

Oops. Just realised my post yesterday said “day 40” when it should have said 50. I’ve changed it now. Obviously my brain isn’t firing on all cylinders yet :))

tom
    Participant

Hi Keith

Well done you 🙂 and you can be forgiven about memory loss after what you have gone through

Stay well my fiend its all Onwards and Upwards now

Tom Onwards and Upwards x

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘My Stem Cell Transplant Journey’ is closed to new replies.