Myeloma beacon info

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  jmsmyth 12 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi all

Received email from Myeloma Beacon. Interesting reading. Anyone heard of this – Cardamonin. Here's the link

http://www.myelomabeacon.com/news/2012/01/12/beacon-newsflashes-january-12-2012/

Love jean. xx

Amelie
    Participant

OMG – that is funny! I have made a lot of cakes for John and we started joking that is was his medicine. If cardamom is effective it might be true! 😀
    Thanks for posting!

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Amelia

What is cardamom and where do you get it? I have never heard of it before. Any info would be appreiated.

Jean

Amelie
    Participant

Oh I hope I am not confusing things. Cardamom is a common spice which is used for cakes ore Indian food. From what I can google cardamonin comes from cardamom:
    http://natural-field.en.alibaba.com/productshowimg/455860924-212284429/Manufacture_98_cardamonin_cardamom_extract_.html

scott9
    Participant

There seems to be different varieties of cardamom. The one I know is the Indian type and comes as cardamom seeds. Always found in curries and its annoying when you bite into a cardamom seed.
    This type seems to come from a Chinese plant so a different variety I think. Be very careful if you order some on the internet from China. Who knows what you will end up with!!!!

Mind you if you get the right stuff, it should be good news.

All the best

Scott

WelshHelen
    Participant

Hi all, just reading yr earlier posts about cardamom – has anyone tried this yet, or is it something to steer clear of? I have just read the myeloma beacon info on Jean's link (I'd never heard of the beacon info site and wondered what it was):-)
    Thanks for the info xxx

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Helen
    I don't know anything about Cardamon although i am doing some research on it. Going to ask consultant about it. There was a thing going round a couple of years ago – think it was Curcumin. Not sure if is same thing Myeloma Beacon is an organisation in America which gives information on Myeloma. Not sure what other members of forum think about it but at moment I am following Spanish research on smouldering myeloma

Best wishes Jean x

WelshHelen
    Participant

Hi Jean,
    Nice to hear from you, thank u for the info, and it's great that u are doing some research on cardamon – I wonder what the consultant will say?! 🙂 Very often the USA and Germany are far in advance of us, so it is a good thing to keep on top of what they are doing over there. I can remeber reading about tomatoes containing lypocene and that may be good for men to eat them, especially when cooked, if they have prostate cancer (John was diag with that & had treatment back in 1997) – he asked his consultant about the tomato thing at the tme & got the response "Oh they haven't proved that yet" I've read lots of things now about lypocene since then. If the cardamon works, it would be great, wouldn't it?
    Take care Jean and best wishes xx

scott9
    Participant

Hi Jean

Thanks from me too for the info. I'd never heard of the beacon info site either. I haven't bothered to do any research. I just take whatever the good Professor Schey prescribes for me. He seems to be pretty clued up on myeloma developments anyway.

All the best

Scott

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Scott

Frank is also like you – if he needs to know anything his consultant will tell him. That is great. I only look at myeloma uk, myeloma beacon and ASH.

best wishes
    Jean

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Myeloma beacon info’ is closed to new replies.