Myeloma X1 trial

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ali 11 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Jacquie
    Participant

Hello everyone

Just wanted some information if possible from anyone on the MM X1 trial that are or were on the RCD arm.

My partner has MM iga and has been on trial for a while now.

At first his PP were going down well but now seems to have slowed down.

Do you know roughly how many cycles of RCD needed to get to a possible harvest.

many thanks

Jacquie

Ali
    Participant

Hi Jacqui

My Mum is on this trial. She had 6 cycles of RCD (was going to be 5 but her consultant wanted to try 1 more). Her last cycle was April this year and then went on to have SCT at the beginning of August. I think it just depends on when the pps plateau or best of all go to 0. Mum stayed at <2 for 2 months so the they decided it was time for SCT. Shes now been randomised for Revlimid and Vorinostat as maintenance. I hope this helps you.

Love Ali x

Jacquie
    Participant

Thanks for your reply Ali my partner is on cycle 5 now but he finds it really hard fighting this. Just hope we can progress soon. Hope your mum is doing well,

regards

Jacquie

Ali
    Participant

Hi

My Mum was definately more tired towards the end of RCD, the treatment was not quite as hard as Mum feared. Once she gets her head around something she has the attitude of "whatever it takes" and im so grateful for that. Yes, she had her down days and im sure many more that I am not aware of. She had pnuemonia and was in hospital for that whilst on treatment and developed 2 clots during initial treatment, but she got through it:-)

My Mums doing really well now, in complete remission and building up strength now after SCT. Awaiting her maintenance treatment. I hope your partner regains some strength before SCT. It will be tough on you to, so remember to look after yourself too.

Love Ali x

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Myeloma X1 trial’ is closed to new replies.