Nearing the End?

This topic contains 27 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  tom 11 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

jmsmyth
    Participant

Gill absolutely delighted with your news. πŸ™‚ Was feeling a bit down but when I read your post – cheered me up no end. I'm glad the wizard is working magic And Stephens pain eases considerably and quivkly and he can enjoy driving his Jag

My best wishes to you both

Love Jean xx

Gill
    Participant

Thanks Jean

You should see the pair of us trying to get out of the flippin jag what with Stephen's mm and me just beng too old for such frippary it is like trying to get up off the floor in public and keep a bit of dignity:-D

eve
    Participant

Hi Gill

So glad for you both,hope Stephens sight comes back,Very tough place to have lesions,they can do wonders these days,and I can say they would not have done it,if there was chance of more damage,
    As for the jag well what can one say,I have looked at those cars and my own personal thoughts are so rude an extension of a personal part8-) ,so It will be boys and there toys.:-D

Hope you have many hours laying prone while driving lol,Eve

DaiCro
    Participant

πŸ™‚ πŸ˜€ 😎 πŸ˜€ πŸ™‚

Carry On Regardless

I hope this extends 'the end' to 'the far end'… growing old disgracefully, huffing and puffing, heave and pull as you get in and out of the Jag… your relief is palpable, I can feel it from here.:-D

Much, much love.8-)

Dai.

DaiCro
    Participant

[quote][b]Fingers crossed the end is not as near as first thought. Stephen is hoping he will be able to drive again for at least a while.[/quote][/b]

I read and reread your post because something hit me but I wasn't sure what (if I was Janet I'd sneak up on me and have a go with a frozen Hailbut from time to time).

But I found it… not so much the finger's crossed bit, although I'll join you in that gesture… but in Stephen hoping… whether it is to drive… go to France or just getting out and about again… it is the very act of hoping… of feeling able to temporarily rise above MM and say 'that would be good to do'.

Perhaps fittingly for a couple of Francophiles like yourselves (shamefully I have never been to France) I am reminded of a quote by a French bloke called ~François Duc de La Rochefoucauld:

[b]'Hope, deceitful as it is, serves at least to lead us to the end of our lives by an agreeable route.'[/b]

And I truly hope that Stephen's, my own and many more on this board find such agreeable routes to our ends.

Much love.

Dai.

Elizellen
    Participant

How great for you and Stephen that your Wizard of Oz has found something that he can do something about, Gill.

I have everything crossed for you both to enjoy many "laidback journeys" in the Jag – whether it is you or Stephen driving.

Love
    Eliz
    XX
    X

Helen
    Participant

It's good to know you are back on the road again, many more miles I hope, just shows what they can do sometimes.
    Love Helen

Gill
    Participant

Love the quote Dai thank you

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi Gill

I am so glad that things aren't so grim for Stephen as first feared and that the radiotherepy is offering some hope of considerable improvement.

I do hope Stephen is able to get back driving soon. I have jsut begun driving again after five months. It feel very liberating. I have got as far as 20 miles on one trip. Unfortunately I do need help to get into the car, but hopefully will eventually be able to be able to cope on my own.

Next hurdle is to be able to get my electric scooter into the back of the car. Although it breaks down into five parts Gordon hasn't been well enough to lift it in and out yet. I am thinking about getting a hoist fitted. Has anyone got experience of using one?

Very best wishes to Stephen as he continues his treatment. Hope the radiotherepy doesn't make him too tired. Tiredeness lasted for several months with me.

Mavis x

Elizellen
    Participant

Mavis. we had a hoist fitted into our Berlingo and now our current Kangoo, and it is very easy to get my mobility scooter out and in even when on my own.

Ours is a pretty basic hoist, where the controls only move it up and down and we have to manually move the arm out and into the back of the car. But when I was lookin on ebay it was the only one in our budget – we paid Β£270 and had to drive about 50 miles there and back to collect it.

We had our local garage fit it into the car and then got an auto electrician to do the wiring. About Β£100 extra I think.

The only other cost was about Β£30 to have a bracket fitted to the scooter so the hoist's clips could attach to it. This we had to go to a mobiliy centre for, as our garage had no clue as to what was needed.

Hope this helps
    Eliz
    XX
    X

Eva
    Participant

Dear Stephen and Gill,
    So glad you've persevered. Let us know how you are.
    Thinking of you,
    Eva

mhnevill
    Participant

Dear Gill

Hope things continue to go better for you and Stephen.

Dear Eliz, thank you for information about hoist. I am now working on Gordon to give it serious consideration, but you know what men can be like!

Best wishes to all.

Mavis x

tom
    Participant

Hi Mavis am saying nowt re Men as I think nay know we are all great πŸ˜€ πŸ˜› :-S and spend on whatever you young ladie's feel you need Much Love Tom he he xxxxx 😎

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Nearing the End?’ is closed to new replies.