Need to know but scared to know !!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  rebeccaR 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

annlynn
    Participant

affternoon all .. ive been doing so well been in remmision since august 2014. even three weeks ago consultant happy with bloods protiens. minimal all well. but pains in rib cage are started. three four weeks ago got a lot worse a week ago so xrayed on monday and seeing. consultant on thursday. hoping and praying its a fractured rib or something not serious. fingers crossed. but this illness is so unpredictable. xx

rebeccaR
    Participant

Hi Ann, fingers crossed for you this Thursday, I know you have been having some blips of late with your blood but it may not necessarily be what you fear most. Sometimes there is no real rhyme or reason for how things seem to pan out – I had the blip of bloods like you then it went back ok never to seen again and at the mo I have hardly any immune system – again no reason and everything seems ok – so consultant shrugs and I think it will just pan out like my low bloods did and I’ll never know why it occurred. If I were you I would just be merrily overdosing on treats right now right up to the consult to try and stop “going there” – go back to all your old coping strategies – my favourite was chanting “worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, it empties today of its strength” – try and live in the moment for now – don’t allow your positivity to waiver…we are “strong, brave women”….that is my teenage daughters little mantra at the moment!(nothing to do with MM just lifes hiccups in general I hasten to add). I don’t know if you are now trawling the myeloma beacon for any background stuff but there is a posting on 22/5 discussing bone pain whilst still in complete remission…so it is possible. I am a little behind you, remission wise, so know that jittery feeling of feeling the rain cloud darkening and feeling ill equipped to cope with any downpour but deep down we know, when it happens, we will just put up the umbrella and plough on. Let us know how your consult goes, good luck.

Rebecca

annlynn
    Participant

well. i went to see consultant with. ;; i am a strong brave woman ;; ringing in my ears thank you Rebecca’s daughter ha ha. it really helped i realised again that what ever gets thrown at me i will cope and for as long as i can to quote the wonderfull gloria. I WILL SURVIVE. anyway the upshot was the xrays id had done werent back so much for making them urgent the consultant is sure if it was in anyway connected to myeloma my protein levels would definitely be rising and there still very low almost undetectable. bloods all fine. so im waiting for a call but she thinks the back pain maybe my arthritic problem or even a fracture of the rib so i feel. relived t o say the least. like rebecca said blips sometimes are unexplained !!!! so today friday. myeloma is going back in its box. xxx annlynne

rebeccaR
    Participant

Yeayyyy…consider that good news and breathe out once again!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Need to know but scared to know !!’ is closed to new replies.