New drugs article – and me -*READ*

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Avril 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

andyg
    Participant

My fame? Is spreading.

Well worth a read it’s our future.

http://www.pharmaceutical-journal.com/news-and-analysis/features/multiple-myeloma-an-expensive-revolution/20203042.article

Every day is a gift.

Andy xx

• This topic was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by  andyg.

Avril
    Participant

Very interesting article Andy. Like you, I had pain for months and went to see my GP several times, but was just told, see a physiotherapist, which I did for months, spending several hundred pounds, until I was completely bedridden. Even then I was not given a blood test, which would have immediately told the tale as my calcium levels were sky high. Finally had a private CT scan and was diagnosed.

I am about to undergo a second SCT in 3-4 months. My Consultant says if that gives me another good remission, some of the drugs mentioned in your article will hopefully have been approved to add to the Myeloma drugs arsenal. Thalidomide as maintenance didn’t keep my light chains under control, although I know of patients that have done very well with it as a maintenance therapy.

Keep well, Avril

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘New drugs article – and me -*READ*’ is closed to new replies.