NEW Mc Millian cancer centre at UCH

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  eve 12 years ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

BADGER
    Participant

I had an appointment at UCH last week and went to the new Cancer centre it was a marvellous place all the facilities under one roof blood test were a bit slower than the old building but as it had just opened I expected some teething problems clean and airy with a cafe and resturant alternative treatment on offer and a huge research laboratory well done UCH
    Regards Jo x

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi Jo

Tahnk yu for your support and prayers over the past three weeks.

Glad there was something to make the hospital visit more pleasant. It does make a difference doesn't it. We spend so long in these places. Great that some folk are able to raise money to support these intitiatives.

My daugher has just signed on to do the "Race for life" for Cancer Research UK. I feel very proud of her because it's not really her thing.

Now I am home, on a wing and a prayer, there are some questions I wanted to ask you about your CDT as I am just finishing the first 21 day cycle. It was quite good to get that over while I was in hospital. I go back on Monday to check all is well before I proceed to round two!

How many months of CDT did you have and did it take you into remission or did you have to have ongoing drug involvement? What happens/happened next?

Apart from swollen ankle I have not had any untoward side effects. The biggest problem is trying to get mobile again. At night they put me on my bed and I can't move position till morning.! Still, I am here to tell the tle and so much better than when I went into hospital. I think the shock to Gordon and i has been, just how much of an invalid I am. I have been catherterised, which is a great help, but yet another ill preson's thing to deal with at moment. At least, once I was home, I was, at last able to get all the help I need short term put into place. I don't know why it couldn't have been done in advance and saved a lot of worry. It was a real answer to prayer that the lass at Bradford Social Services, who took my SOS call, was willing to pull out all the stops for me.

Greetings to everyone and thanks for your support. It is good to be back with my computer by my side.

Much love.

Mavis xx

eve
    Participant

Hi Jo and Mavis
    |Glad to hear,the new Cancer Centre at UCH is good,as both of you say,so much time spent in hospitals!!!
    Mavis also glad to see you have escaped,must feel great to be home,the summer will not be long coming,and should help to get you back on your pins.
    SS Bradford have come up to scratch,nice to see someone pulling out all the stops,I hope you are getting the financial and caring side up to date,as it does help,and Gordon can rest a bit.It might pay for you telephone bill in hospital LOL
    Good luck with CDT and remember you will have DEX moments.Love Eve

BADGER
    Participant

Hello Mavis
    so glad you are home at last that will make you feel a bit better both my daughters are doing the race for life in Bedford they are walking it, both of them have done it for the last couple of years
    Well CDT i had four lots of CDT which put me into a good part remission or plateau stage when I finished that I took thalidomide 100mg for a further year until my feet started to suffer since 2010 I havn't had any further treatment since then except pemidrinate once a month hope this helps
    My thoughts and prayers are with you
    Love Jo x

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Mavis,

Great news that you have managed to get home.. now just stay there.8-) 😀

Dai.

BADGER
    Participant

Hello Eve

how are things progressing for slim will his SCT be soon and are you ok its been a long long year for you both perhaps now you can look forward to more holidays in the camper hope the sun keeps shineing for you regards to Slim
    Love JO X

eve
    Participant

Hi Jo
    Must admit would give a lot,just to be in a warm place in the Motor Home,but have been told no travelling abroad for 6 months, as they are spending so much money trying to help Slim,I feel we must obey there rules.

Have you any nice trips planned??
    Lets just hope that England has a glorious summer,just this second had a small hail stone shower,the sun is out,but N East wind blowing making it very cold,Spoke to soon.LOL.Eve

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Eve,

While I would still like to go abroad I must admit that the idea of a motor-home, and the freedom to go where the mood or weather takes me, is exactly what I need right now. Every time we go to the hospital we have to pass a large caravan and motor-home retailer. We haven't stopped for a look yet (and I can't afford it anyway) but the idea of motor-homing around the UK is very attractive. Apart from trips abroad we usually took a cottage when we needed a week away from the pub… The Lake District, Derbyshire, Devon, Cornwall, North Wales and the Cotswolds have all been host to us as we then explore the area. A motor-home base seems a much better way to do that.
    🙂
    Dai.

eve
    Participant

Hi Dai

We bought are first van an old vw,because we had two old smelly jack russels, and having a guest house myself,did not fancy staying in one.First major trip was 6 weeks to Spain,wish we had done 3 months,that must be over 20 years ago. We now have a Concorde Charisma,will be living in it,when Slims in hospital for a month.
    Have been to a lot of places,but love France,only 5% of the French go on holiday to a different country, understandable they have a bit of everything,and actually do not try to rip visits off.Do not speak French,but if you make the effort,it means so much to them.
    It did become away of life,that,s why what we have now is different,cannot complain as we had 20 years,and Deal is a nice place to live.

Must be the Liverpool Lass about me I have to live very close to the sea, and Slim being an ex royal marine can live out of a suitcase

I have no faith,and my kids still think I am mad,but something was always urging me on to do what we did,IF we had waited until Slim had retired at 65,we would not had the life we did have,so someone is watching over me.Eve

BADGER
    Participant

Hello Eve

I have the all clear this month to go on holiday so we have booked up an 11 night holiday on Skiathos we go on the 4th of may really looking forward to it
    Regards Jo x

eve
    Participant

Hi Jo
    Do not know Skaithos is it mainland or a Greek island,only been to the mainland once,we have always said we would do Cyprus with Motor Home,alas one of the many things on are list:-(
    Just so pleased for you,after the scare of you might be needing treatment again,make the most of it.8-)Love Eve

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘NEW Mc Millian cancer centre at UCH’ is closed to new replies.