New to the forum

This topic contains 95 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  teds31 12 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 96 total)
  • Author

lorrainey
    Participant

Hi Ted,

Sorry i'm late in saying hello, unfortunately I missed ur post :-/ You've joined a fab site with some wonderful friendly folk who will help, support and advise you as much as possible…such a shame we're all here for this b****y disease.

Take care.

love n hugs Lorraine xxx

teds31
    Participant

Hi Tom and Jean, Yes we love the g/children even thogh they are growing up now,we have 7 ,from 12 to 23, all great kids,when people say kids are awful I always think well all my G/kids are OK so they cant all be bad.
    Hi Lorraine, thanks for the welcome I am finding some good advice on here.
    Ted.

tom
    Participant

Hi Ted

Yep Kids are great we have three sons and five grandkids would I swop them ???? NO we have had a bit of bother with our middle son years ago:-S but am pleased to say he is doing great now and gave his mom and i two handsome grandsons 😀

So like you I find our kids and grandkids are great also.

Hope today finds you well Ted 😎

Tom "Onwards and Upwards"

teds31
    Participant

Still a bit of a cold Tom,cant seem to shake it off. Did any one read in the press that they are going to use a type of cannabis spray for pain releaf in cancer.Tests have begun in Manchester.

tom
    Participant

Hi Ted

Do you know I always thought it would be some form of what they call "Recreational" drugs that would be a possible cure 🙂 I can just picture us at our hospital visits all Spaced out he he.

Here is one Paper article about it http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1235753/Cannabis-mouth-spray-reduces-pain-cancer-patients.html

Am orf to grow some weed ha ha

Hope your cold soon gets better Ted, but dont forget do not suffer it for too long get to the Dr's.

Tom "Onwards and Upwards"

Perkymite
    Participant

~Blast, and I gave up smoking years ago 😀 😀

Kindest regards – vasbyte

David

tom
    Participant

Hi David, do you think it might be time to start up again he he, mind you this lot will be a spray job :-S

Tom

teds31
    Participant

Cant wait to get on that stuff about time we got something good out of it8-) Ted

tom
    Participant

Honest Ted av bin their and its not too bad Ha ha

Hope your doing Ok 😎

😀 Tom

teds31
    Participant

Still got a bit of a cold Tom, its a head cold (runny nose etc.) which is unusual for me I tend to get chest colds due to my chest problem, not to worry it seems a little better. Going tomorrow to see the Thackery Medical Museum in Leeds I'll let you all know if I see any good ideas for us.:-D Ted.

tom
    Participant

Good on you Ted, Just dont show them a photo of Me or the museum might want to have me on display Ha ha.

Hope the cold is soon better 🙂

Tom

eve
    Participant

Is this becoming a men,s meeting point!!!!8-) 😀 🙂
    Short and sweet no gossiping!!!!
    What are you men like. LOL
    Eve

tom
    Participant

Eve it feels like a well worn pair of shoes comfortable, but you young Ladies are more than welcome to pop in and throw in some gossip 😀 am sure Ted and I would love it 😎

Just taking a break from the New Kitchen I am fitting some Lino 😉 am sure I will regret it :-/ one slip of the knife and £70 has gone up the swanny :-S he he. then I will get "Told you to ring us Dad, we would have done it":-( but hey I like to do some of it myself 😛 Lol (back to the regret Lol)

Hope you all have enough energy to enjoy this week end 😎

One Lino fitting Tom "Onwards and Upwards"

solo
    Participant

Hi Ted,I am new to this sight and was diagnosed with myeloma a year and a half ago and have not yet had any treatment.It is nice to find someone else in a similar position as i too feel a bit of a fraud and understand where you are coming from.Although my specalist doesnt think treatment point will light years away i dont have much have much idea of what may be ahead.Life seems to be based around twelve weekly appointments!.Although in the main i stay bright and cheerful ,carrying on with life as normal,it is a strange position to be in.I find i cant do as much as i could and get tired easily.Knowing there are other people out there in a similer position is helpful,it was good to read your email and hope you are keeping well .x

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi Barbara

Welcome to the site although I'm sorry that your diagnosis means you need to. Good that you don't need treatment yet – I hope this phase lasts for a very long time for you. How was your MM diagnosed? I'm interested what you para protein level is now. Having had a tumour removed from my spine and radiotherepy I am not currently having any other treatment than Bonefos. My para protein is now at 12.

Very best wishes to you.

Mavis

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 96 total)

The topic ‘New to the forum’ is closed to new replies.