New treatment starts today.

This topic contains 18 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  andyg 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Dizzyliz
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Granthams not too far from me and as for beer festival to say its only 10 mins away and never been to one! Always wanted to but never got round to we will have to try and go am sure kev would enjoy, As for those dex days kevs is a Wednesday so no sleep tomorrow night that goes for me as well so we end up getting up rather early then crashing late afternoon! But we just get on with it and take it in our stride it’s become a routine for us now.

Glad to hear your treatment is going ok take care and keep well
    Love liz & kev xx

elaine
    Participant

Hi Andy
    I’m with you all the way mate. I’m on day 8 of cycle 3 of pomalidamide. Can’t say it’s an easy ride for me, but it’s difficult to distinguish if its the disease, treatment, or other infections that are making trips to the hospital my social life at the moment!
    I’m undaunted by this and still plan for a 4 day trip to Florence in 3 weeks time, and I’ve booked a flight to my favourite Greek Island in July.
    As you say every day is a gift!
    As a beer monster, have you tried our Black Country favorite, Bathams? It’s been my complimentary treatment throughout my 7 year MM journey although the last lot of treatment gave me drug induced hepatitis so my liver is having a short sabbatical.
    Mind the ‘hoss road as we say up here.
    Elaine

Perkymite
    Participant

Wow, France and Greece you are getting about. When we went to France last last August they wanted £700 for a week Insurance, that was with the relevant French E111(?) card.

You have a great time.

Kindest regards – vasbyte

David

andyg
    Participant

Hi Elaine
    I’ll look out for Bathams next time I’m shopping! Who am I kidding shopping lol. Though I will keep my eyes peeled for it and try it.
    I’ve just had a stay in hospital and I’ve been taken off Pomalidomide till I recover from whatever was ailing me. I only had 3 of the little devils to take to finish my first cycle but a temperature 38.6 put a stop to that.

Hi David
    How’re you getting along? Good I hope.
    I’m starting to wonder what my hospital stay will do to my insurance premiums for Greece in May. £700 for a week in France seems a lot. For me and Steph it cost us £65 for 3 nights in Belgium and last October £85 for a week in Greece.

Hi Liz & Kev
    You’ve got to go to the beer festival at least once it’s an amazing experience. Well to me it is.
    We were supposed to be down in Nottingham last weekend but unfortunately I spent it in our local hospital instead. You just can’t plan anything with certainty with this MM! Anyway all is good again now – I think.

Every day is a gift.
    Not just for me for everyone.

Andy xx

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘New treatment starts today.’ is closed to new replies.