Newcomer…

This topic contains 45 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  tom 12 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author

teds31
    Participant

Hi Jean ,how did Frank go on with his appointment ,hope things went well,its always a difficult time . My next one is in May,dont know the date yet as we go on Hols on the 14th and we asked them to wait until after that.
    Hi Tony Hope the tablets are doing the job and no side effects.Ted

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Ted
    All bloods except white cells an neurophils were good. (had never heard of neurophils) Both were low but neutrophils were ,8 which I think are not too good. Weird as he is not on any treatment. He has to go back on wednesday for bloods again. He says he is going to Spain but these counts makes it easy to pick up infection. Was told if he got infection he would have to have antibiotics intravenously. Wait and see game.

Hope all goes great in May, it's always good to hear positive things. Have a great holiday and come back refreshed and poke this MM the eye

Love and best wishes
    Jean xx

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Jean,

I ended up in hospital 3 times last year with infections and they like to give their anti-biotics intravenously because they can use a really strong general dose to attack the infection while taking cultures to try and find the specific problem. They have never found my specific yet through cultures but the intravenous anti-biotic has always cleared it anyway… with a course of common and garden to take home to finish it off…. so I wouldn't worry too much if he has to go in.

Once your temperature is down they like to see it stay so for 24 hours, then they will let you home… so 2 days is the norm if you are admitted and the intra-anti works first time (it always has for me).

Dai.

tonyf
    Participant

oh dear!!!! I had one of those the other night, ended up watching Mad Max 2 on ITV2, dont recommend it, however the tea tasted pretty good! thanks for the welcome

tonyf
    Participant

hi outdoors Paul, take it that you enjoy the great outdoors, do you still get out or are you a bit restricted? We used to live in Keswick, what a wonderful place for enjoying the countryside! Hope your treatment shapes up satisfactorily. thanks for the welcome, stay in touch.

tonyf
    Participant

thanks for the welcome Debs, sounds like you are responding well.

tonyf
    Participant

Glad you are returning to fitness, long may it continue for you, thanks for the welcome Tony

tonyf
    Participant

Hi, thanks for the welcome, feeling very positive, guess I've got a long way to go yet, stay in touch Tony

tonyf
    Participant

hello carol, thanks for the welcome, is that a glass of white? if it is, cheers! I guess I've got a way to go, cant explain how I feel at the moment. Never had any serious illness so it takes a bit of getting used to. Takes a bit to get used to the kindness shown by all of those I come into contact with, there are some really dedicated people working on our behalf out there, stay in touch, Tony

mhnevill
    Participant

Belated welcome from me too Tony.

Sorry you have had to join us, but at least you got diagnosed reasonably early which does help.

Glad you've been admitted to the Trial. Do hope it works really well for you. Is it with a view to have a Stem Cell Transplant later? Or maybe they are leaving that because of your age.

I am 67yrs and have just started on CDT. I have been 17 months without treatment, a joint choice with my Consultant. This was following a back operation to remove a tumour. This was my way into MM. As folk have said, everyone's journey is different, but I have found this site a God's send.

Very best wishes as you work to kick this dratted MM into touch.

Mavis

jmsmyth
    Participant

Thanks Dai for your reassurance. They told Frank that if he got an infection he was to go to hospital straight away. I feel sorry for the poor man as I am watching him like a hawk. I'm waiting for him to tell me where to go!!!;-)

Love Jean x

tom
    Participant

Hello Jean

I also had two spells in Hospital in early days with infection's and here i am SCT in Dec 209 and sat here healthy (if not wealthy Lol) and doing great.

The best place for us when not on top of the MM is Hospital as we get stronger drugs that work faster than the take home ones ?

Hope Frank is soon Better.

Love and Hugs

Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xx

jmsmyth
    Participant

Thanks Tom. I just want Wednesday over.
    Love Jean x

tom
    Participant

Your welcome Jean and am sure you know we all have fingers and iccle toes crossed for you and Frank for wednesday 😎

Love Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xxx

CarolBradley1
    Participant

Hi Tony

Thank you for your lovely reply – yes will certainly stay in touch – please let us all know how you are getting along.
    If you need any practical advice or just need to talk there are some lovely people with lots of experience on this website. I found at times I had questions that seemed either too ´silly´¨ or plain daft to ask my medical team I came onto the web site and asked there and usually there was someone else who had experience enough to answer/reassure me.

Take care and don´t hesitate to ask away.
    Best wishes Carol
    ps It´s orange juice!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Newcomer…’ is closed to new replies.