No really – this is good news

This topic contains 15 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 11 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Perkymite
    Participant

Hi all, I have now had the results of my latest MRI and Nuclear scan. The Prostate Cancer is outside the Prostate but it has not as yet spread to the Glands or my bones YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Got to continue taking the pills and having the injections and then I will go for about 35 doses of radiotherapy which I am told will ZAP it completely. Yep, real good news.

Interestingly, the Nuclear Scan (they inject radioactive material into your blood stream which the bones take up and then scan your body with a special camera) did not pick up any lesions, Myeloma or Prostate, on my body anywhere! Now that is very very good news.

Kindest regards ? vasbyte

David

jmsmyth
    Participant

Brilliant brilliant news David. Well done. Keep,up the good news

Love Jean x

tom
    Participant

Well Thats great News David and a well done to you (red wine works on all lol)
    I bet you take those pills with a little smile knowing thats its on the outside (bad enough though) 35 doses of R/T is a lot (my young bride had 25) but it will be well worth it 😎
    Having Prostrate problems has also checked your bones so you got a two for one Lolall clear on both 😎

So keep on Vasbyting and a very very well done my friend 😉

Tom "Onwards/Vasbyte and Upwards" x

Michele
    Participant

I'm so pleased for you David. What a rollercoaster ride your emotions have been on!

Take Care of yourself.

Michele x

PS Sorry to be ignorant, but what is this thing called "vasbyte"?
    😐

Ali
    Participant

Hi David

Thats really great news – phew 🙂

Love Ali xx

Perkymite
    Participant

You are not "ignorant" my friend.

I have a South African branch to my family and four years ago when I was originally diagnosed with Myeloma, and things looked real bleak, one of my Nieces sent me an Africans word to hang onto "Vasbyte". Its literal translation is grit your teeth. But she informed me that in South Africa it is used more to motivate you to tough it out and fight real hard whatever problem you are facing.

The word fits well with me I spent 15 years in the Parachute Brigade and it relays exactly the attitude of an Airborne Soldier. Every time the going gets tough I think of that word, mutter it under my breath and simply refuse to lie down and die!

Kindest regards ? Vasbyte

David

Michele
    Participant

Vasbyte………What an excellent word!!!

😀

OutdoorsPaul
    Participant

David
    What great news!! i am so glad that treatment is lined up for you as well.Thats made my day:-)
    cheers Paul

DaiCro
    Participant

Great news David,

This puts you and your situation in a much better light than a week or so ago.

I know that you will cope with whatever it takes to beat this… so 'Vasbyte' and the best of British.:-)

Dai.

Dizzyliz
    Participant

Hello David,

Absolutely fantastic news! So pleased for you, hope the treatment goes well for you.

Thinking of you love liz & kev xx

lorrainey
    Participant

Hi David

Fantastic news, so pleased for you 🙂

Good luck with your treatment, hope it's as kind to you as possible.

Love n hugs Lorraine
    xxxxx

Elizellen
    Participant

Great news, David!!

Love
    Eliz
    XX
    X

Helen
    Participant

Hello David
    What a relief to get results like that, hope the RT goes smoothly. Keep us posted.
    Love Helen

eve
    Participant

Hi David
    You must be over the moon with the news,it should give you some peace of mind to know there is no hidden pockets of Myeloma lurking in your skeleton,

So I hope that coffin is locked away for lots of years,i had a feeling you might be rushing to finish it,LOL.David did you know you can get lovely pictures embossed on them now,you can make it so personal,and as you now have many years in front of you,you grand children might have to do lots of paint jobs on it. Love Eve

BADGER
    Participant

David

this is wonderful news i had every thing crossed for you, you did have to bite very hard this time;-)
    love Jo

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘No really – this is good news’ is closed to new replies.