Paraproteins at a new low!

This topic contains 18 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  jmsmyth 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

andyg
    Participant

Hi All.

Happy new year to everyone I hope 2015 is a healthy year for us all.

I had my 3 monthly consult with my consultant last week. She was smiling as she told me my PPs were 6.4, that’s the lowest they have been since diagnosis in October 2011, and importantly my other blood tests were “normal”. So after just over a year on Pomalidomide my bone marrow has made a recovery from the constant assault on it of over three  years of chemotherapy. She has now referred me onto Professor Jackson at the Freeman hospital Newcastle to see if an Auto SCT is now an option! The last time I saw him in October 2011 things were looking pretty grim hopefully he’ll be a bit more upbeat this time.

Every day is a gift.

Andy xx

MrsL
    Participant

Hi Andy,

That is great news and encouraging for the rest of us. If you get the go ahead for the SCT I hope you are one of the lucky ones and get a long period of remission.

Linda

susie
    Participant

Andy

I am just so pleased to read that things appear to have finally turned well for you. I shall be watching with hope that all goes well for you. You deserve it. Certainly you have helped me in my early days of treatment for this MM journey and i’m sure that goes for others.

Best wishes

susie

finn
    Participant

Hi Andy

That is great news! I have been following your progress and finally things are going so well for you. I have this theory that the more slowly the PPs go down, the longer it takes them to come back after the SCT (mine went down quite slowly and it took a year of chemo to do it, so I needed to make a positive theory about it to keep me optimistic). All the best

bandityoga
    Participant

Great news Andy. I hope you get a SCT and get many years of remission.

Ian’s FLC result wasn’t available today but all his bloods were good, he is being referred to SCT team in Glasgow for discussions.

Take care.

Maureen x

janw
    Participant

Hi Andy

That’s wonderful news for you Andy. You must be so pleased to see your myeloma levels reduce to their lowest levels since 2011. Is this usual with Pomalidomide, i.e. does it take a long period to show results and can you expect your levels to drop even further?

Kind regards
    Jan

andyg
    Participant

Hi all – thanks for your good wishes..

Linda – lucky, myeloma and me don’t seem to happen together in the same sentence let’s hope that changes.

Susie – it’s taken a while to get where I am at the moment. I only hope that turn doesn’t turn back on itself too soon.

Finn – I like your theory. If I do get to SCT I will try and prove it.

Maureen – if everything goes well Ian and I could be going through a SCT at the same time.

Jan – my PPs have been falling ever since I started Pomalidomide last January the first couple of cycles showed a good fall since then it’s been a little at a time BUT remarkably always down no blips yet! I’ve probably spoke too soon lol.

Thanks once again for your support.

Every day is a gift.

Enjoy them the best you can.

Andy xx

Helen
    Participant

Hi Andy
    That’s a great result, let me know if you are in newcastle.
    Love Helen

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi Andy

Just caught up with your good news. I can’t tell you how happy I am for you, and that after all this time they seem to have found something that works for you. Long may it continue.

You are so supportive of everyone else you deserve a break. And, YES, every day is a gift!

Best wishes.

Mavis

cygnet
    Participant

Andy – so pleased to hear this news! I have read many of your posts & appreciate your input into this website.

I have everything crossed for you for your appt!

C xx

Vicki
    Participant

Andy

That’s absolutely brilliant news, so so pleased. Just goes to show that being positive, stubborn and down right determined can achieve the right results. If anyone deserved some luck after going through all the treatments it’s you!, here’s hoping that the professor can come up with the goods and your little cells will come up trumps at the harvest.

So pleased!

Vicki and Colin x

Ali
    Participant

Hi Andy

Fab-u-lows!!! Well done xx

jeff605
    Participant

Really good news Andy, so pleased for you, fingers crossed things keep going, and thanks for all the upbeat and helpful forum posts, all the best for the SCT etc. :Jeff

andyg
    Participant

Hi All.

Guess I got a bit over confident lol. Last week spent 3 nights in hospital with a high temperature due to an infection somewhere. I had a cold and a cough luckily it didn’t go onto my chest. Anyway I’m home again feeling ok still got a few more days on oral antibiotics. Guess I should stay away from ill people or people in general! Nah that’s not on got to get out and live. Luckily my local pub doesn’t get too full.

Cheers. Every day is a gift to be enjoyed.

Andy xx

stanley-1960
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Happy new year to you great way to start 2015 with the fantastic news of your all time low PP’s.With the possibility of SCT on the horizon you must feel positive.I know how you feel about your latest blip was enjoying a great day out at the rugby visiting the guiness tent on a regular basis  two weeks ago after great remission then last Friday laid up diagnosed with shingles monday. I diddn’t know guiness could do that to you. I will revert back to the lager in future.Lol.

Best regards,

Stanley

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Paraproteins at a new low!’ is closed to new replies.