Philip 2 Myeloma 0

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Philipandfiona
    Participant

Just a quick one, I lurk and read a lot on here – almost daily but don’t post too frequently, but we got good news today. Disease undetectable, complete response. No para protein, light chains doing whatever normal light chains should be doing.

As he only got 12 months after CDT and auto SCT and is so young and handsome (I may have made up that last bit) they’re going to carry on the velcade for the full allowable 8 cycles bug drop all other drugs and space it out to fortnightly as “ongoing treatment” to try to prolong the remission.

So 32 weeks, hopefully of some calm and minimal treatment till we reevaluate and decide whether to go straight to Revlimid or take a break. No doubt the 2 lots of docs will take opposing views, but we’re getting good at getting them to formulate a plan and present it to us.

The allo is still on the table, we’ve just pushed it a bit out of reach for a while as we’re not ready to take that step yet.

Thank you all, even when I’m not posting, knowing this is here if needed is a great support.

Fiona

Sal
    Participant

That’s great news, Fiona! I’m so pleased for you both. It’s wonderful to discover that what you have been hoping for is actually happening.

I’m sure your husband is young and handsome. They stay that way in our eyes at least!  😉

Enjoy the moment and thanks for posting your encouraging news.

Sarah x

Anonymous

Good evening Fiona
    Such good news for you both.. Well done.I, like you, read the posts on here daily but do to post much myself. I had my SCT on 4th November, I will be seeing my consultant on the 25th February. I am hoping to get the same outcome as your husband, but you can never tell what will happen. I am hoping to return to work beginning of March all being well.
    All good wishes to you both, hoping a long remission for your husband.
    Ann
    Xx

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Philip 2 Myeloma 0’ is closed to new replies.