Post from Myeloma UK – new website

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  henrythomas0990 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

katiemyelomauk
    Participant

We’re excited to let you know we’re launching our new website today. You’ll also see some changes to the look and feel of the forum but the functionality won’t change. If you have any issues or feedback, please drop us a message on webteam@myeloma.org.uk.

ianbvge
    Participant

There’s a lot good about the new website but one thing, I’m afraid, is not. Not at all.

I’m “Lead Admin” on the Facebook group Myeloma Support UK, and one of the things we do very often is to refer both new and older members to your publications / booklets / infoguides or whatever you now call them. They were invaluable to me in the early stages of my myeloma and I know many new patients and those moving on to new treatments and stages of their disease still find them invaluable.

So why have you made them so difficult to find? An hour or two ago I wanted to refer someone to your booklet on autologous stem cell transplant. Not so long ago I would have written “Go to myeloma.org.uk and get their booklet”. Today, knowing these things were getting harder to find, I went to the website myself and it took me a long frustrating tour through all sorts of fascinating but irrelevant pages to find the one I wanted (and I sent our member a link). It used to be so easy…

Please please please put a big obvious link to the publications up front on the home page.

katiemyelomauk
    Participant

Hi, thanks for your feedback about our new website. Our Head of Digital, Emma has responded to your email about it.

We’re looking into adding additional signposting but here’s the easiest way to find our publications now:

We renamed the Publications as the ‘Information Hub’ and you can find a link from the ‘Understanding Myeloma’ section.

Website publications page

You can also find videos, patient stories and Ask The Nurse blogs in here but you can use the content type filter to select ‘Publications’ and you’ll find a link from the Information Hub to order physical copies.

ianbvge
    Participant

Thanks to you and Emma for the quick response!

loventhunder
    Participant

Thank you for your continued support, and we hope you enjoy exploring the new website!

henrythomas0990
    Participant

Experience the beauty of Lake Michigan with our student housing Chicago options offering stunning views and convenient access to campus. Whether you’re studying in our communal spaces or enjoying the lakefront parks, our residences provide the perfect balance of relaxation and academic focus.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.