Radiotherapy Appointment Tomorrow!! Yippee!!

This topic contains 83 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  eve 12 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 84 total)
  • Author

brocho
    Participant

Hi everyone well as they promised I have an appointment to meet the lovely Professor Tobias tomorrow to discuss and hopefully plan a course of RT for this wretched tumour As I had expected I have been told it will be tricky as it is not just in one place but I have every faith in the Prof to make it happen There are no words to describe how good it would be to be rid of this pain On Sunday I called the District nurses out through sheer desperation , the intramuscular injection of morphine worked well —for an hour !! Amanda my Mac nurse now says my pain needs are too complex to manage like this as nothing has really worked consistently and she is even more keen to book me into the hospice to look a methadone trial However I always said I will do so only after the RT as I see little point in going through all that when there may be no need if the RT works So fingers , toes ,eyes and anything else crossed love to everyone Bridget x

gina45
    Participant

Thats great news Bridget,i hope everything goes to plan and that your pain will soon go away. Please keep us posted on how you are doing.
    Gina xxxx

eve
    Participant

Hi Bridget
    Have to say Bridget how much i admire you,good job its not me who has this illness I am a coward when it comes to pain.
    Wishing you well for tomorrow.Eve

zasrs
    Participant

hi bridget
    i do hope all goes well tomorrow, and the proff gets to grips with your wretched pain. there cannot be anything worse than pain.
    with love sarah xx

brocho
    Participant

Hi Sarah thankyou Imust admit I am near the end of my tether with it and usually I am pretty tough!! Luckily the Prof is very good and the RT worked well last time and I didnt have to wait too long either This time in a fortnight I will be dancing a jig on my front lawn !! Haha as if Take care Sarah love Bridget x

Gill
    Participant

Hi Bridget

Good luck with your RT Hope it zaps that pain right out of the window.

Stephen saw the radiology oncologist today and he is to be zapped next week. Like you he cannot wait as he is in a great deal of pain at the moment. His scan has shown that he has a tumour that is, as the doctor put it, nipping his spine and that is what is causing the pain. They are hoping to knock it out completely or at least shrink it into behaving itself.

Fingers crossed for you both that it does the trick

Love from Gillxxx

mhnevill
    Participant

Dear Bridget

I do hope they arrnge the RT for very soon and that it really does the trick. I am glad you are so positive about it. I just feel so cross you are in so much pain – it seems indecent in 2011 that we can't get on top of it.

You are one special lady! Hold in there and look forward to the dancing!!

Much love.

Mavis x

brocho
    Participant

Dear Mavis thankyou for your kind words, you always seem to say just the right thing If I do the jig I will get a pic on here Be warned it would not be pretty though!! love Bridget x

brocho
    Participant

Hi Gill sorry but Imissed this post yesterday dont know how!! Tell Stephen I know exactly how he feels as Ihad the same thing for over a year before I diagnosed!! Steroids and surgery got rid of mine but not before it took 3 vertebrae with it!! I should be having my RT next week too so fingers crossed we will both be if not pain -free at least not in agony by next weekend That is one thing that Dex is good for at least and as these tumours are blood filled dex does the trick love Bridget x ps sorry if this is all over the place but I have just had a large dose of happy juice!!

piatkaz
    Participant

Hi Bridget

Hope all goes well and they sort that pain out
    Look after yourself
    Ian x

piatkaz
    Participant

Hi Bridget

Hope all goes well and they sort that pain out
    Look after yourself
    Ian x

SharonG
    Participant

Bridget

I am so glad that they are finally doing something for you. I think its very wise to try hanging out for the RT and not to go down the methadone route, not wishing to be too negative about methadone but as I used to work as a staff nurse in a hospice and one of the consultants was very keen on the use of methadone for pain relief but we often felt it didn't always work as well as it should. If it were me I would only use it in desperation!!!!!! But then I know that when tumours cause pain, nothing touches them but RT!
    So wishing you lots of luck Bridget

Love Sharon x

brocho
    Participant

Good Morning Eveeryone Well I have returned from the land of the living dead!! Ok it was only a flu type bug– but I get no sympathy here as Jeff has man-flu and toothhache and evryone knows that is the worst thing ever! The good news is I have a radiotherapy appointment for next Wednesday which is brilliant !! I wasnt sure it would be possible to do it in one session but looks like he is going to try , bless him. But I mustnt get too excited in case it takes longer but just knowing there is some hope helps so much So my lovely friends it wont be too long before I stop moaning and groaning , thankyou all so much for you support as always I couldnt manage without you Bridget xxx

lorrainey
    Participant

Hi Bridget,

Sorry i've only just seen your post, don't know how i've managed to miss it :-/

What great news that you have an appointment for RT next week, i'm so pleased your Prof is doing this for you and I have Everything crossed that you only need one session…but if you do need more I so hope it rids you of the horrendous pain you are suffering. You deserve a break, and I hope it will be a very long one! 😉

Take care Bridget, I hope you have a good weekend and I hope Jeff feels better soon too.

Love n hugs Lorraine xxx

tom
    Participant

Hey Bridget

Soory am late in this post 🙁 just spotted it?

I do hope the Radio Therapy works for the pain as you have got so much faith in it to suffer the way you have me (am a wimp) I would be in that ospice before they even made the bed ha ha.

Good luck with it all

Love and Bug hugs ((())))

Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xxxx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘Radiotherapy Appointment Tomorrow!! Yippee!!’ is closed to new replies.