Radiotherapy Appointment Tomorrow!! Yippee!!

This topic contains 83 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  eve 12 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 84 total)
  • Author

tom
    Participant

Hi Bridget

Hope you are up and nearly dancing Now 😀

xxxxx

brocho
    Participant

Hi Tom afraid not this time Just got home but todays appointment was a planning session where I got another tattoo Tomorrow is the first radiotherapy session and there may be another 4 So Onwards and Upwards for a bit longer Tom but I had better look out those dancing shoes!! love Bridget x

tom
    Participant

Hi Bridget

It must been a long day for you 🙁 but tomorrow its gonna kick that pain in the b**t and get your Dancing shoes on8-)
    You will soon have more tattoo's than the tattoo Lady
    Another nite of "Onwards and Upwards" Bridget, I hope the pain is not as strong tonite 😀

Love
    Tom xxx

ps it wont let me post so have put a couple off ** in to see if its a swear word??

mhnevill
    Participant

Dear Bridget

Sorry you still have to wait till tomorrow for the first RT. The fact that you are to have four sessions sounds like they are really taking it seriously and hopefully will knock this terrible pain on the head once and for all.

Much love – hang on in there.

Mavis xxx

tom
    Participant

Hi Bridget

How is/did it go?? hope it went well and your pain has been shoved into a cuboard (like elaine shoves my fav shoes:-S )

I also hope you didn't have a long day and they took you in and walla pain gone 😎

Catcha ya soon xxxx

brocho
    Participant

Hi Tom well yesterday was pretty tough!!Usual long wait for clinic as well My next treatment is going to be Bendamustine as the doc and I agreed I probably wasnt strong enough to cope with a heavy duty chemo regime , but first he has to get the approval of the whole team to fund There was a trial but I am not eligible because they cant measure my myeloma by blood tests. On to Radiotherapy which was sheer agony but I managed it The drive home was awful as I was throwing up all the way!! Didnt expect it as last time I had no sickness! Once home I just collapsed on the sofa and slept I m really hoping today is better , once I find the anti-sickness tablets The radiographer did remind me it could take 2 weeks for the pain to go so will have to be patient I guess Hope you are good Tom and Onwards and Upwards love Bridget xx

lorrainey
    Participant

Hi Bridget,

I hope you have a better day today, sorry you were so sick with the RT
    🙁
    Thinking of you.

love n hugs Lorraine xxx

BADGER
    Participant

Hello Bridget

sorry you had a bad day yesterday lets hope the RT treament kicks in quickly this time and get rid of your pain I am sure UCH will pull out all the stops for you to get the drug and Myeloma uk will be able to help as well chin up thinking of you all the time
    Great big (((((HUGS))))
    lOVE jO

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Bridget,

I do hope you are feeling much better today and that the pain disappears much sooner than the predicted 2 weeks – you deserve a break. 🙂

Had my 2nd infusion of V6 yesterday and feel flattened today… so you never can tell but I'm hopeful that I'll bounce back, as I am sure you will.

What have they told you about Bendamustine? How is it converted, tablet or juice? It's a new one to me although I have heard it mentioned in despatches. Will they wait until all your RT is finished or will it have an immediate start?

Chin upwards and best foot forwards.8-)

Dai. xxxx

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi Bridget

How much is a girl meant to take? So sorry that RT was so aweful. I was worried it may be. Let's hope and pray next two shots are better adn, like everyone says, work much faster than predicted.

Glad they are working on a taylored next step for you. Hope funding doesn't become a major issue. We could all hold placards if neccessary!!!

I know you will hang in there – know we are all alongside you in the battle.

Just this minute heard so good news. A friend who had .

Dear Bridget

How much is a girl meant to take? So sorry you had such an aweful time yesterday. Do hope it went better today and hope, along with everyone else, that you get some pain relief much sooner than two weeks. I am not greatly enamoured with RTs they don't seem to have the same capacity for empathy as other staff… do they know what two weeks more of pain means to you. I know it might be the truth, hope and pray not, but I only hope they were putting themselves in your shoes as they were telling you that.

So glad to hear they are going to try the new drug. Hope finance doesn't become a problem. We could all hold cyber plackards for you!!!!!

Hold on in there BRidget you are one of the special people.

Much love.

Mavis xxx

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi Bridget

What happened here was I answered the door, my cartload of medicines, and then thought I'd lost the message and started again!!!!

I can't even blame it on chemo brain.

Love

Mavis x

zasrs
    Participant

Hi Bridget
    I do hope you feal better soon, I am so sorry you had such an awful journey home, hope you slept well and the antisicky pills worked do you ever try ginger in its various forms? I always knew when Gordon felt bad as he craved ginger!
    Many cyber hugs Sarah xx

Dizzyliz
    Participant

Hi Bridget ,

Hope you feel better quickly! And the sickness passes quickly

Thinking of you love liz xx

eve
    Participant

Hi Bridget
    How are you doing,!! I know by your post,you seem cheerful,its what I call a happy face:-).is the pain starting to get under control,that,s the main thing,Day by day Bridget,you have so much going for you.Keep smiling Eve

brocho
    Participant

Hi everyone thankyou what would I do without you to keep me going! Well today I took 20mg in the morning, because thats guaranteed to keep paon away for a few hours followed by a hefty dose of Hydrnorm liquid add an anti-sickness tablet and I was ready to face the world The RT was over in minutes and totally pain free!!Eureka I have found the magic formula and will used it again on Monday for my last dose of RT ( in truth I am a doctors nightmare because I do take control of my meds as I know what my system can take The Mac nurse calls me her clever patient!!) Dai the Bendamustine has to wait until the whole team approve funding which could take a couple of weeks Still I am hoping the RT will have proved successful by then and I will be ecstatic!! This myeloma can be so cruel , letting you plod on at a certain level only to throw a huge spanner in the works every now and again just to remind us of its power!! Onwards Upwards Sideways in fact whatever it throws at I will grin and bear it rather than let it beat me love to you all and hope you have a good weekend Bridget x

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘Radiotherapy Appointment Tomorrow!! Yippee!!’ is closed to new replies.