Radiotherapy Appointment Tomorrow!! Yippee!!

This topic contains 83 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  eve 12 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 84 total)
  • Author

brocho
    Participant

Hi Mavis this post really made me smile thankyou Its just the sort of thing that happens to me too !!Tee-hee Good job we are all the same love Bridget x

eve
    Participant

Hi bridget
    just caught you post before i closed down,i must tell you what went on today,
    Went to hospital today,should have gone yesterday,Slim not well,but hung on till last minute,did not matter he painted the white carpet with sick,thats never ever going to come out.:-/
    Saw doctor,"o yes his eyes said,no you think you have an infection,I KNOW BEST I AM A DOCTOR,completly not interested,Asked could we come back for results later as we had a funeral to go to!!! more funerals than weddings these days:-P
    3hours later same doctor,with big smile on his face,only different attitude
    could not do enough,I think he looked at Slims old exrays. LOL
    Any way he is on the mend again,that,s the main thing!!! love eve

brocho
    Participant

Hi Eve yes its good to assert yoyrself when you need to and if Slim wont then he can rely on you If only more doctors learnt how to truly listen to their patients though! So glad Slim is on the mend and hope you caught it nice and early As for upchucking on the carpet sounds like a new carpet needed there Eve!! love to you both Bridget x

Gill
    Participant

I have not been in here looking at all the posts for a while and need to catch up with posts.

I am so glad you are feeling a bit better Bridget. It all seems to come in bursts doesn't it? Feeling unwell, treatment, feeling better, unwell again, more pills a bit of a break when all seems OK (heaven) and then it all starts again.

So sorry Slim has been unwell Eve. It is awful being sick like that. Stephen would rather put up with quite a bit of pain than upchuck.

I think it is to do with the fact that as a child for years his parents had a caravan in Whitstable. Come h**l or high water they went every weekend in their doormobile to the caravan and Stephen spent the entire journey being sick in the back of the dormobile. He then spent the weekend bored and dreading the sick making journey back.

Gill

Gill
    Participant

Took me ages to get this post on here. I forgot that the site won't let you talk about the hot place you go to that is the opposite of heaven:-/

eve
    Participant

Hi Gill and Bridget,
    Gill all that sea air was doing Stephen some good LOL
    Talking about the h-e-l-l word,how can they consider it inappropriate !!!!!
    Taken a second look at the carpet and walls urghhhhh,bought him a bucket with lid he can carry round .
    Bridget good to hear you are in good spirit, or as are tom would say Onward and Upward:-)
    love Eve

tom
    Participant

Hi Bridget

Sorry your first lot dint go too well πŸ™ But am pleased the next one was better πŸ˜€

This MM is a bit of a trickster as you say runs smooth (ish) then wallop a smack at the side of the head and it takes weeks before a decision can be made re the meds:-S am sure the know about the pain and fear folk are in and the wait should be shorter for that Answer.

Keep strong Bridget 😎

Love and Hugs ((()))

Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xx

mhnevill
    Participant

Dear Bridget

All best wishes for tomorow.

Love Mavis xx

Mari
    Participant

Dear Bridget,

So sorry you have been have such a bad time of late with all these horrid symptoms and side effects. I am glad you found a good way through your RT and I hope your next session goes well and brings some relief. Hopefully you can get on to the next stage soon and get a bit of peace again after that,

Much love Mari xx

CarolBradley1
    Participant

Hi Bridget
    Thanks so much for letting us know how you are getting on. I often think of you but donΒ΄t want to pester.
    Sorry you are suffering with the pain and just praying that they get on top of everything for you soon.
    Prayers and very best wishes are with you
    love Carol xxx

brocho
    Participant

Hi Carol thank you for caring and I would never think you were a pest for asking ! So far so good no pain for the last few days but as I took extra Dex this could be masking it The radiographers always point out things get worse before they get better so I am being cautious for a while yet ! Still its looking very promising apart from a bit of a burn on my back which is easily treated with aqueous cream and a very small tattoo on my very large steroid belly!! Take care Carol love Bridget x

tom
    Participant

Hi Bridget

Well am pleased it is working for you 😎 am sure the dex wont/cant be masking the pain:-/ so we will put it down to the RT you have had and long may the pain free continue 😎

Love and Hugs (((()))

Tom xxx

Nettie
    Participant

Hi Bridget
    I am so pleased to hear that the pain is improving ….. I have been following your progress with the RT and was so upset to hear you have been suffering ~ it really is just not fair, you are such an inspiration to others with your caring and supportive posts. I hope and pray that the RT has done the trick this time and you will be pain free for a very long time to come.
    Much love, Nettie xx

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Bridget

It is so good to hear that at last you are getting relief from that bl..dy pain. You really are an inspiration to others and hope that every morning you wake up you feel a lot better.

Much love Jean. xx

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Bridget

Was wondering if you are ok? I got an email in response to the thread about a posting from you. It was written at 00:48. You were saying that you were feeling really exhausted. The text then tailed off to gobble de gook. Tried the link but would not take me through to your post. If you feel up to it – can you post to let us know how you are? Hope things are ok with you.
    Take care
    Love Jean xx

Ps maybe it's my computer!!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘Radiotherapy Appointment Tomorrow!! Yippee!!’ is closed to new replies.