Recovery after Stem Cell Transplant

This topic contains 22 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  peterdawes 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

susie45
    Participant

Hi Adrian

I had my SCT in London. One big tip I would give is that you stay in hospital until you feel you are ready to come out. I left too early and that’s why I had a lot of trouble.

I am really improving now , can stand and walk about for longer if only my taste buds would get back to normal I would be pleased!!!!

Keep me updated and good luck!

Susie

adriwest1
    Participant

Thanks Susie I guess the temptation  is to want to go home asap, I already think 14 days and home would be good- this really does play with your mind.

Take care

Adrian

peterdawes
    Participant

Hi adrian

See you there booked my room with a view no date yet!

Pete

adriwest1
    Participant
    • Hi Pete good to hear from you, think your ahead of me- let me know if anything happens as I will.

peterdawes
    Participant

Hi adrian

Well I am in some good news no injections all is though the central line , not tip have a good tasty meal before you come in taste buds now are awful

Pete

adriwest1
    Participant

Ok thanks for the info Pete, I think I’m going in tomorrow but will need to wait until the morning to be sure. Is this your 1st day in? Thanks and keep in touch adrian.

adriwest1
    Participant

Just got in for SCT, two doors down from you Pete.

peterdawes
    Participant

Adrian

Welcome to southampton so this part of the journey begins bring it on! Like most things the thought is a lot worse than the reality and as mentioned no injections! Its like coming on a break, apart from the nasea no issues and looks they now have that.under control, I am now on day +5, with drinks I found water tasted horible but can drink lucozade and ribena

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Recovery after Stem Cell Transplant’ is closed to new replies.