Revlimid Failed

This topic contains 17 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  tom 11 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

TerryMG
    Participant

Hi Gill,
    I do not go on the forum too often, only when the newsletter comes around and then I try to catch up on things.

First of all my thoughts are with you and Kevin. I will not say sorry as I for one do not like people feeling sorry for me. I have been wandering how you both have been getting on as I tread my path of issues as you are not too far away from me. Sometimes I think it is much harder for the carers than the one with MM. As much as the carers try to understand, it is only these with MM can really know what it is like but then there are a range of issues we all have. I am sorry you have not got your teddy bear back after Kevin came off Dex. I think anger is a good thing for Kevin if it is channelled in the right direction. I used it to get me walking again when there were doubts that this would ever happen. I wanted to be allowed to drive again to get some independence back to save Margaret having to do so much for me. I also wanted to pursue my hobby of restoring my per-war MG?s and go on rallies. After a year I was allowed to drive again. So this time last year I completed a 5 day rally. Since then I have relapsed from STC after 2 months and had a large tumour taken out of my chest 3 mouths later. Two months ago I have been diagnosed with advanced prostrate cancer but I still went on a 4 day rally to Scotland last week. When I was having my SCT I asked a doctor about things and was told not to plan in detail more than 3 months in advance but live your life to the full. This is what I intend to do and sod the MM & other stuff!! I acquired a very rare MG just before I was ill. Last year I decided to restore this car which is very difficult to do now. I have to pay for some of the heavy work I cannot do now. However, I work one day a week with a restoration company and 6 days a week on parts at home. Some days I can only do ½ hour but I do something. This keep me focused and I do not have time to mope around!! However, I cannot move a muscle without being reminded of MM. I may not get the car finished but I have made arrangements for it to be finished as it will always be known as my car well after I am gone. I am not planning to go yet and ALL my doctors know my motto: ?Failure is not an option?. If I was older I may be a little more sanguine but I still feel like a 20 year old and I do not think the time is right. I think I could well be following the path were Kevin is leading but I have set myself small objectives which I hope to tick of one by one. I have not been to our friends in France for two years but I hope to go sometime this year come what may.

Sorry if this is long but I do believe in the power of positive thinking which is getting me through all the ?stuff? which surround MM. My thoughts are with you both ?. Terry

eve
    Participant

Hi Terry
    I would agree with all your thoughts and what a beautiful picture of Scotland.
    You have to keep positive,and enjoy every day.Eve

tom
    Participant

Na then Tery

I love the way you cope with it all I also feel that its a head as well as a body challenge kepp them both strong and you are on to a winner.

Keep strong and well

Tom "Onwards and Upwards"

Ps great photo. I must take my young Bride to Scotland one day soon x

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Revlimid Failed’ is closed to new replies.