REVVING UP FOR SCT!

This topic contains 119 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  tom 11 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 120 total)
  • Author

eve
    Participant

Hi Chris

All sounds good,ask your wife to bring your favourite mug in,it helps with the drinking,rather than have hospital mugs.

It all takes a few days to kick in,do not worry,nurses have seen it all before,you should be able to have a walk round when it is quiet.You will not see them much as they keep away only do what is needed,because of infection.

Good Luck,will not be long before you are home .Eve

bikerchris
    Participant

HI Vicky and Colin,
    Pretty dull today really, my line is a bit less painful, and all I have had done is some anti viral and tummy medicine, and mouthwashes, and fluids all day ready for my chemo tomorrow.
    I am surviving the food, although mealtimes are hardly the highlight of the day!
    I enjoyed Rolf Harris tonight, and the daytime antiques shows which I don't always get to see, so not all bad!
    Keep smiling everyone!
    Chris

Ali
    Participant

Hey Chris

Just wishing you the very best of luck. Hoping it all runs to plan and you have a very uneventful stay at Musgrove:-)

I cant wait for Dallas either, that John Ross is just as bad as his Dad:-0 I love it!

Keep your spirits up – you can do this.

Love Ali xx (and im sending also a germ free hug)

bikerchris
    Participant

Thanks Eve, she will read this, so perhaps she can bring in my Beano mug!
    Seems a while away, but roll on home time! Thanks for the encouragement, Chris

bikerchris
    Participant

Thanks Ali! Hug back 🙂

bikerchris
    Participant

Hi Everyone,
    I had my chemo yesterday which went ok, but left me with a nasty headache which knocked me out a bit.
    I am taking handfulls of tablets for anything from sickness to antibiotics to steroids, but other than rattling a bit I feel reasonably ok.
    Lena has been able to stay with me a lot which has been nice, and made the time go faster.
    Managed to see Dallas last night which was epic as ever! Poor old John Ross had a rough time in jail, but all the family buried their grudges and helped him out, with plenty of bribery and corruption of course – but how long will that last? Good stuff!If it comes back for another series though, please let it be on BBC1, the ads are longer than the programme!
    Tomorrow I am having my stem cells back, and may go into my isolation room as my neutropils are falling now, so far I have been sharing.
    So my recovery will start tomorrow, but no-one can say how long it will take at this stage, early days, but so far pretty good.
    Best wishes to the 'Club'
    Chris and Lena x

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Chris

Good to hear from you and glad that you are feeling 'pretty good'. Hope everything goes great for getting the cells back. Oh Chris I have recorded Dallas and was saving it for bed tonight!!!never mind will still enjoy it. I'm old enough to remember the original Dallas and trying to decide who is the meanest the younger original JR or the elderly mature JR. Will have to wait to we get more into it.

take great care and hope things go well and you Re home quickly

Love Jean x

adamsp41
    Participant

Hi Chris…first post on this thread …good luck on your recovery…and "kick it between the legs" 🙂 …had my SCT in Jan 2011 and stayed in dock for 17 days…oh the sweet smell of sweetcorn…yuk…hope yours stay stays pretty good…keep safe..Phil

bikerchris
    Participant

Thanks Phil, I've been warned obout the sweetcorn! Cheers, Chris

bikerchris
    Participant

Oops! Sorry Jean, didn't want to spoil your viewing, should have thought of that, but enjoy! Old JR definately wins the 'mean'prize for me! >:-)
    Thanks, I'll keep going and looking forward to getting home again,
    Chris

Ali
    Participant

Hi Chris

Good to hear from you. Glad things are running smoothly for you except for the headache and [i]rattling[/i]. Im saving Dallas for Saturday night when my Hubby goes out, but you have not spoilt it for me – im hoping its not the last one in the series. The beauty of sky+, no adverts.

Keep your spirits up and remember you will be home soon – you can do it!

Love Ali x

tom
    Participant

Morning Chris
    Hope those stems flow in nice and easy and are kind to you during the grafting and growing, hope ur counts shoot up fast.

Tom "Onwards and Upwards" oh my SCT seems years annd years ago 😎

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Chris,

Once the Stem Cells are back in it is only a matter of waiting to zero out and watch the daily bloods for that magic number of 0.1. In between times it may get a little rough but it is worth bearing for what it brings.8-)

I wouldn't worry about the eating side of things, get down what you can but drinking is important… otherwise the will fix you up to a drip for fluids… which can cramp your style, especially when you need the toilet… so drink as much as you can… that's a No. 1 tip.:-)

Distract yourself was much as you can through TV, Games, Blog etc., and don't avoid sleep… of you feel it coming on don't fight it, go with it and generally go with the flow… 0.1 will be with you before you know it and home a day or two later where the recovery will begin in earnest.8-)

All the best and regards:-D

Dai.

Vicki
    Participant

Hi chris,

Just joining in to see how you are doing :-). Hope you received your little cells safely back today and you aren't feeling too bad x.

Fingers crossed forma very speedy recovery……Colin building up for his go monday 🙂

Can't believe John ross is old enough to be in prison, I'm sure Dallas want like that when i was young!

Keep your chin up 🙂

Vicki and Colin x

bikerchris
    Participant

HI All out there in the real world, all I can see are the pidgeons and robin out of the window! Looks grey out there though.
    It was the big day today, and my stem cells were shipped down from Bristol at the end of the morning, and the procedure was explained to me. I had a pre-med of Piriton against the preservatives in the cells which have a smell of sweet corn, and it's true, but I can't smell it now.
    I felt fine and had 4 bags of cells which was over very quickly, and felt fine. All the fluids are done through my line, so no needles to worry about.
    I have still been eating, and taking the mouthwash, as I have a bit of soreness now.
    I was tired this afternoon, but I would say to Colin don't worry about next week, it is easier than giving the cells in the first place!
    Thanks to Dai for you advice, my bloods have had a blip before they fall, and my wife is encouraging (well nagging me) to drink lots! She was supporting me all day today which helped me through as I was pretty anxious.
    Thinking of you all Guys, keep kicking this damn illness!
    Love Chris 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 120 total)

The topic ‘REVVING UP FOR SCT!’ is closed to new replies.