Salford Triathlon Sunday 18th August

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  wendyduffield 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

wendyduffield
    Participant

Sorry to bump down the previous fundraising posts, its great that all this dedicated fundraising is going on, marathons, triathlons, cycle rides etc, whatever next?

However I wanted to update you on my plans to take part in the Salford Triathlon on Sunday 18 August. Unfortunately due to becoming more unwell with myeloma I have been unable to train enough to do all three sections, swim, bike and run but the good news is that I am still planning the bike section which is 20k, the longest section but in my mind the easiest and have recruited friends for the swim and the run so I am really pleased and excited to be doing it as part of a team and raising money for Myeloma UK.

I have recently posted an update on my blog about it, here is the link if you want to read that or underneath that is the link to my just giving page which has some further info and some funny photos.

http://wendyduffield.wordpress.com/2013/08/09/the-loneliness-of-the-long-distance-runner/

http://justgiving.com/wendy-duffield1

Helen
    Participant

Ok Wendy
    So how did it go? And on treatment!! I stand in awe of you…..as I've never been back to full fitness since SCT and even find the gardening too much!
    Love to hear from you
    Love Helen

wendyduffield
    Participant

Hi all

Well I am pleased to say I did it,I took it very easy which goes against the grain for me but I had no choice in the condition I am in (shame it wasn't a dex day!). My team mates did brilliantly too and we had a really good time and have raised over £2500 for Myeloma UK to boot. Thanks to all that donated and supported.

Here is an action shot of me just for proof!

Wendy

ps never again!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Salford Triathlon Sunday 18th August’ is closed to new replies.