Scared…everything is happening!

This topic contains 19 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Helen 12 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Helen
    Participant

Oh Paul that is one big hiccup! Oh how unpredictable this disease is. It is an effort in its self trying to remain optimistic when hiccups! happen. I do hope things are progressing well for you now, do you have a future date on the horizon yet? Or have you turned superstitious and not disclosing it in case it changes again?
    I am doing ok, they are pleased with my progress even though I think it is slow by many others standards, i have had a rough ride with a few residual problems but nothing I can't manage. I'm still on myeloma xi and the revlimid maintenance, it's tiring and my immune system is suffering a bit but not too bad, I'll keep going with it if I can. At the minute I have pneumonia, hence the frequent appearance on here again, …not been out of bed for a few days but I'm getting better and trying not to cough too much, it's the trying to sleep sitting up which is difficult! But I feel as though I'm drowning when I lie down. Anyway this is probably more information than you were expecting so I'll stop. Enjoy the dog, I do so much more walking these days I was contemplating acquiring a dog but the cat fixed me with a fierce stare and told me not to even think about it, so I haven't ! Perhaps I'll borrow one. Keep positive and in touch
    Love Helen

Helen
    Participant

Dear Kerry
    How are you and Melvin getting on? Sorry to have hi-jacked your post a bit:-)
    Helen

OutdoorsPaul
    Participant

Hi Helen
    Sorry to here about the pneumonia but sounds like you dealing with it.Not turned superstious yet just taking one step at a time,decided just to crack on with things and trust in the medical team and Rachal and I will get on with life.Seems like i am due quite a few cycles of PAD before we can turn and look at SCT and allograph.Must admit in a strange way i am looking forward to getting it delt with.I am one of those who likes to deal with things soon as.Still off work but may well soon look at going back part time if meds going well.Having a dog is a good idea if you get a puppy to start as cats feel they are in charge and put the puppy in its place as Archie is finding out.Soon as he has had is injections we can start walks with is good for both of us.Keep well and speak soon.
    cheers Paul

Helen
    Participant

Hi Paul I'm much better today thanks, got to be better by tomorrow, I've got tickets for the theatre and don't want to miss out!
    Do you have siblings to collect an allograft from? And I think you are right to just get on with life as much as possible. I felt much the same about the treatment, it was a case of get on with it, toe the line and hope for the best. Curiously, the weekend before sct I was really upbeat about the whole process, I'd even go so far as to say excited at the prospect, even though I knew it might be an ordeal, I remember being very relieved that there was a bed available and not being able to stop smiling that it was finally happening!
    The cat Mac (the knife) still says 'no dog'
    love Helen

OutdoorsPaul
    Participant

Hi Helen
    No Sibs so will be going with best match that Prof Cook can find on the data base.
    Best take note of what Mac the knife says and say no dog,sounds like Mac knows his own mind!
    Enjoy the theatre
    love Paul

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Scared…everything is happening!’ is closed to new replies.