Second anniversary visit to haematology

This topic contains 43 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  Helen 11 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author

tom
    Participant

Helen you my dear are in the (ish) group and that (ish) means those well and I mean WE'LL under 40 ;-)) xxx

Vicki
    Participant

Hey Helen,

Congratulations and keep posting the good news….it's encouraging and shows that there is a good life after SCT :-). So pleased for you and your family. You need to keep going to see the hobbit series now :-). and you look like a 45 year old so that's a great move too…..I reckon it's all those new young stem cells!

Happy Christmas to you all, just need to get rid of that cough now!

Vicki and Colin x

Helen
    Participant

Dear Ali, Andy, Sandy ,Helen ( so right – good name:-D ) David, Michelle, Tom, Jo, and Vikki
    Thank you all, yesterday and today have been really good days despite the horrible zometa, at last I feel really well.
    Ali it is very kind of you, I'm only doing what others did for me to keep me going in the dark hours, do have a lovely Christmas with your family.
    Helen, you will feel quite liberated to be free of the line, I'm glad i never had one.
    and yes Sandy same Prof, very charming. No ..Andy, not a hobbit…… He's much taller than me! Oh … I'm not very tall either, maybe I am a hobbit? Hairy toes ……hmmmm
    Tom and Vikki .. am thinking new stem cells slightly drastic way to look younger and it'll never catch on, but I'm not complaining. Jo have had hair done again, ash blonde now, going to a wedding on Saturday got to glam up, but will certainly relax after that.
    Enjoy the holiday
    Love Helen

2graham
    Participant

Great news Helen, I too had Professor Jackson for my SCT at the Freeman this summer so it looks like he knows what he's doing! We've got all the family arriving for Christmas tomorrow. Slightly different mood from last year's gathering. I was diagnosed a few weeks before last Christmas but now I'm in full remission. I've even got more hair now than before and all the grey has gone! All the best for 2013.

Gill
    Participant

Dear Helen

Don't ever feel "mean" posting good news. My Darling Stephen died in September. He was one of the unlucky ones.

It is great to hear of people doing well, and makes the possibility of seeing this horrid illness kicked into touch for everybody seem a little closer.

Good luck and good health Love from Gill xx

Helen
    Participant

Dear Graham and Gill
    Thank you for your good wishes, I'm up to my eyebrows with Christmas, but hope you both have a peaceful and lovely one albeit in such different circumstances
    Love Helen

AlexB
    Participant

Thank you Helen for reminding us that there's light at the end of the tunnel. It just seems a very long tunnel when you are right in the middle of it.

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi Helen

A bit late, but wqnt to say great news that you at last feel "well". Hope you have had a good Christmas.

All blessings for 2013.

Love Mavis x

Helen
    Participant

Thank you Mavis and Alex, it is certainly a tunnel from which I am beginning to emerge, I dare to hope that I am lucky enough to stay fit for some time now, Still no stamina! It's as though my 6 heavy duty batteries were replaced with one small aa rechargeable! I run out of power so quickly it's annoying!
    Wishing you both a prosperous and healthy new year.
    Love Helen

tom
    Participant

Hi Helen not to put a damper on your Rechargeable Battery's but my energy levels vary ?? some days I could dig holes for England others I would struggle to hold the shovel let alone use it :-S BUT I have learnt to do a little and often still rest when both my body or my young bride tells me 😀 as she knows me better than I think I know myself.

Alex no rush but just to let you know it is GOOD this end of the tunnel if a bit differant 😎

Tom "Onwards and upwards" xx

ali49
    Participant

Glad to help celebrate good news. I too will have been diagnosed two years ago this January. Life is very precious and celebrations add extra sparkle! I wish you a Happy and Healthy 2013.
    Alison

Vicki
    Participant

Hi all,

Yep lets all celebrate big and little things…..we've come to the conclusion any excuse to celebrate, and make the most of everything! Colin is still happy to be home, even though I nag him(not much :-)), to slow down! Helen it's great to hear good news stories, they sure helped, and still help us now. It's good to be part of others happy milestones 🙂

Vicki and Colin x

Helen
    Participant

Dear Tom, Ali and Vikki
    Thank you, I like the sparkly bit, note to self, add more!
    I still don't know why I can't improve the energy but I'm not letting it stop me from doing stuff. I also am celebrating any event going, and Vikki, hopefully we will soon hear of your adventures as Colin recovers and gets the wanderlust bug!
    Love Helen

Ali
    Participant

Hi Helen

Swit swoo! Your pic is wonderful. You both look very glam:-)

Glad to hear the whoop has finally gone but I see you have the cold and cough like the majority of us.

My Mum has started her maintenance, nearly completed her first month of Rev and Vorinostat. She is getting on fine except for the fact she has like a shelf in her stomach and a constant feeling of fullness. So much so that for example today she just had fruit for lunch rather than the normal sarnie. She asked me to ask you if you had a similar feeling? She got a similar feeling when on Rev last time, just wondered if this is one of the side effects.

Thanks for your help in advance;-)

Love Ali xx

Carmen
    Participant

Hi Helen I'm almost going on my 2 year anniversary this April as well I'm 47.5 years old it was through a blood test they found out I had smouldering mm at this moment I have had no treatment at all although I do suffer with body pain but that could be with the age and work I'm on a sit and watch I get monited every two to three months I found doing meditation was good for me and keeping very busy

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Second anniversary visit to haematology’ is closed to new replies.