Shingles

This topic contains 17 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  jmsmyth 12 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Gill
    Participant

Hello Jean

Hi jean sounds inapprpropriate 🙂 The rash that you described is just the same as Stephen got to start with. He had been pruning our wisteria using a small scaffold tower and slipped. He landed on his bum and as the day progressed it became painful. He asked me to have look (the things we do for love) it just looked red but no bruise.

A few days later the area turned into a red rash that changed into black pimples and eventually turned into blisters. He has now gone from very bad pain (nerve endings) to very very sore blisters. The poor man is walking like John Wayne

Stephen was prescribed aciclovar (for long term use) and cream but has found that using lashings of good old fashioned calamine soothes better.

I cannot let him ask for calamine in the chemist as he asks for camomile by mistake

Tea or a camomile lawn anybody?
    😎

BADGER
    Participant

Hello Jean

how is Frank ok did it turn out to be shinglesafter all how are your nerves coping its sunny here today whats it like in Belfast
    Love Jo x

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Jo

Still don't know. Frank and our doc say no. Consultant says yes. So waiting game till next visit to consultant. He is still in a lot of pain. We are supposed to be going to Spain on Monday but he says he will see how he's feeling on Monday. I would prefer to stay at home. Hey lucky you having sun. It is quite mild but windy and overcast. Going out with Stevens new in laws. Not feeling sociable would rather feet up and a bottle of wine!!:-)

Hope you are doing well
    Love Jean x

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Shingles’ is closed to new replies.