Sis back in hospital

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  nippy 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

nippy
    Participant

Well sis started her chemo. Slightly rash. She’s now back in hospital with a temperature of 39.  Pumping her with antibiotics..  Doc says it’s a chest infection x.  So angry and pissed off that this is happening ( sorry for the language)  she is worrying now xx

jeff605
    Participant

Nippy, chest infections seem to be the bane of chemo drugs, I’ve had several, and have even been given antibiotics to keep at home in case I start developing one! Hope sis recovers quickly, they do drag you down

rebeccaR
    Participant

Hi sorry to hear about your sister – I never got an infection whilst on chemo – which was lucky as I have very little kidneys left – but I did not go to work for the first 5 months of chemo (shock mainly and I work in a large open plan office with lots of germs). I guess now she’s had one this is the time to re-evaluate how best to avoid infections. Large crowds eg shopping, cinema, pubs, how is the work environment? This is not to say live like a hermit but minimise risks – when we went to the cinema we either went VIP (in small box) or chose early, less crowded performance – shopping – take the hassle out of it and start online – ensure you avoid anyone with colds etc until they are germ free – early evening meals out etc. Possible adjustments in the workplace – my work didn’t actually want me in as it was the winter period and everyone comes in with colds etc and our sick rate is 7 times higher than the national average! and as we all work in pods of 4 it would have been inevitable for me to catch stuff so I just avoided it. At work at the moment there is still a continuous cycle of chest infections and colds so guess there is still a lot of things going around – soon be spring/summer and the ability to enjoy the outdoors which seems much less fraught. Hang on in there it will all come good in the end.

Rebecca

nippy
    Participant
    1. Thanks for the replies.  Sis has been told there is a shadow on her lung. Needs a ct scan. Sadly this is from the xray five weeks ago. They missed it. 😞

jeff605
    Participant

Ahh, Nippy, sorry to hear about the latest news, hope it gets sorted ok. Best wishes xx

nippy
    Participant

Thank you x. Well she came home. Two days later temp back up to 38.8  does anyone else have this problem x

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Sis back in hospital’ is closed to new replies.