Skeletal Update

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  tom 13 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

KeithH17
    Participant

Hi to everyone and here's the latest news as promised.
    Had skeletal which did'nt show any fractures but did show some Lytic Lesions on my skull.

The doctor said that the X-ray had not yet been seen by the Radiologist and called in the Senior Haematologist to have a look at the Lesions.
    He ordered further Blood Tests and I have another appointment on the 23thDec to discuss the results.

Last Wed I developed the same pain but this time on my left side so now it feels as though I have a solid band around my middle squeezing me like a tube of toothpaste.

Going to the support group Christmas party tonight and I'm not going to let this spoil the enjoyment of it all.

For tonight at least our Hospital will be a Myeloma free zone.

Bye for now and good health to all…Keith.

Gaye
    Participant

Absolute b****r Keith. I was hoping to hear from you but not necessarily with this news. I can't imagine how the pain must be feeling but you give a very good description! I never know whether or not a lytic lesion and a plasmacytoma are one of the same thing. Well I know you will let us know more when you know yourself. In the meantime, as you say, tonight is a myeloma free night. Do enjoy yourself Keith.
    Love, Gaye x

brocho
    Participant

Hi Keith how annoying they havent found the cause of your pain yet , I do hope they identify it quickly so you can get some relief As for the lytic lesions , they are damaged ares of bone Gaye more like pitting, well I have a skull full of them and I can honestly say they dont bother me So on a flippant note welcome to the pepperpot club, which is apparently a term medics use Have a great time at the xmas do and hers hoping you get to the bottom of your pain very soon love Bridget

KeithH17
    Participant

Thank's Gaye&Bridget,thought I'd post this just before I go out to the party.
    Yes you are right Bridget,in fact I was told I was a pepperpot shortly after being diagnosed and did'nt know quite how to take it LOL.

I was shown the original MRI which showed up as black patches over my upper torso and worrying for me at the time I can tell you.

The pain I can only describe as been fastened in a vice sideways with some sadistic torturer slowly turning the handle so that the ribs are being crushed but I'll just have to battle on.

And yes Gaye as soon as I have some answers You'll be the first to know.

Thank-you for your concerns..Keith.

tom
    Participant

Hi Keith

Hope when you read this in the morning your head feels Ok.

As its MM free for you tonight hope you had a great one @=_

Enjoy

Tom (drink free tonight)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Skeletal Update’ is closed to new replies.