Some advice please

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  janw 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

ollie
    Participant

About 5 years ago my Mother (then about 80) was diagnosed with Myloma. She was treated with Dex and radiotherapy and was in remission until about 8 months ago which we believe is good.

Due to her health and age she has recently had 3 months (continuous) of low dose dex + steroids, first two months halved the paraprotein? level each month and she was not feeling too bad. She found the third month very hard, feeling very sick and her ankles swelled. Consultant said after month 3 level had plateaued and she was to come back in 2 months. No more chemo or other meds from Oncology for now.

It is now 3 weeks since she stopped the chemo, but she is feeling very ill, and her ankles are swelling again.

My question: Is the feeling very ill and finding it hard to eat likely to be the chemo or should after 3 weeks it be out of her system, in which case should we be worried?

She has never seen a GP since we moved her close to us about 8 months ago, but is going next week.

Any comments or advice would be really welcome, as she has been so well for years we thought she had it beaten and would be fine…

janw
    Participant

Hi,

So sorry to hear your mom is not feeling well, especially after she responded so well to the original treatment. I think you need to talk through your concerns with the nurses here on the myeloma UK discussion site. They will be able to advise you about issues to discuss with your Mom’s GP and consultant.

Regards

Jan

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Some advice please’ is closed to new replies.