Some good news

This topic contains 29 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  tmc 11 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author

Elizellen
    Participant

Great to hear your PP's have vanished, Mavis!

Now you can concentrate on getting your strength back.

Love
    Eliz
    XX
    X

P.S. My last (3 monthly) appointment was with a registrar rather than my usual consultant and he said "well, we have looked for PP's but cannot find any!" which sounded initially as if he was giving me bad news till my mind processed that into "zero PP's again"

Helen
    Participant

Hi Elizabeth
    That is great news for you, carry on like that.
    Love Helen

Elizellen
    Participant

Thank you, Helen!

Eliz
    XX
    X

wendyduffield
    Participant

Some more good news!!

Great news Mavis and Eliz.

I was told by my consultant that my light chains were better than his ie within normal range, so thats another 3 months all clear for me too!

jmsmyth
    Participant

Read your good news on face book Wendy. Brilliant news. Long may it continue

Jean x

wendyduffield
    Participant

thanks Jean, didnt know you were on facebook

Helen
    Participant

I do like to hear good news Wendy, and no going back for 3 months is great, hows the new hair? And did you go back to work?
    Love Helen

eve
    Participant

Hi Ladies
    Great to hear all the good news,but as per usual were are all the men!!!!!

tom
    Participant

More Good News is great news 😀 and lets keep that rolling.

Well done Eliz and Wendy now thats the way to do it 😀

And Eve you know us men come first :-S and lots on us on three month stints now, all you young ladies are going to run faster to keep up with us oldie's Lol 😎

Love
    Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xxx

wendyduffield
    Participant

Hi Helen

I am loving my new hair, had it cut and shaped a bit but still got the curls on top. Not dissimilar to yours actually. I went back to work about two months after my transplant, initially able to work from home, then going into the office and increasing my hours although I have decided to keep to reduced hours to achieve a better work/life balance. Sometimes I think I'd rather not work at all and just enjoy my remission whilst it lasts but at only 51 I may have a long road ahead before getting any sort of pension! What about you?

Wendy x

ps I do a blog which charts my emotional and physical journey with myeloma which you may be interested to follow at wendyduffield.wordpress.com

I also promised a photo of me doing the Manchester 10k run so here it is hopefully. It made the fundraising news on the Myeloma UK website, fame at last!

Helen
    Participant

Hi Wendy,
    Good photo, where's the new hair then eh? I'm amazed you were back at work at 2 months post SCT. I'm now aiming for my third attempt at going back, having had all those horrible infections and being signed off again and again, anyway onwards as Tom says. And you are right, retirement may not be a financial option, i did request a forecast in january but heard nothing yet despite chasing it up twice already? I need to exercise my mind too so I'll give it a whirl and see how I get on.
    Love Helen

jmsmyth
    Participant

Wendy a brilliant photo and hair style. Well done you on the run

Jean x

tom
    Participant

Hi Wendy well done and you loog great on the photo 🙂 x

Love Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xxx

CarolBradley1
    Participant

Hi
    Congratulations. I´m so very happy for you and it´s great to hear such lovely positive news.

I don´t have any experience of withdrawal but will keep my fingers crossed that you don´t have any!

Hope all continues as well as this and better!

Best wishes
    Love Carol xxx

tmc
    Participant

Hi Mavis
    I truly hope you get a long remission and become more mobile and can start to look forward and enjoy.

Wendy glad to hear you are doing reduced hours at work and loved the photo of you finishing the Manchester run.

Helen I do hope all the infections are cleared up and you get a pension forecast soon and can get back to work if you want too.

Eliz glad your p.p.'s are zero again

Love Teresa

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Some good news’ is closed to new replies.