Starting stem cell harvest next Monday.

This topic contains 21 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  brocho 12 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

kaychappers
    Participant

Hi terry. It is a shame they did not tell u about two day stint. Me and my friend stayed in the hostel over the road free of charge and it was really nice. They wanted 8 million from me for two transplants but got 4 which was enough for one transplant. I am at barts for last time on 19th march. Would be happy to pop in and say hello if u wish. Enjoy the next couple of weeks that's what I did. Kept telling my partner he had to take me out for meals 🙂 I'm in Brentwood so not far from you. The boredom is the only thing in hospital but I took my laptop and iPhone. They were invaluable. Best wishes kay x

Anonymous

Hi Kay

Thanks for your reply.

As you have already been into Bart?s, could you help with the following. I was also intending to take my iphone and laptop with me. I asked yesterday if they allowed access to their wireless network, and the nurse thought that they didn?t, and I would need to buy a dongle, or obviously connect through my iphone. Did you ask the question, and if so, did they give you access to their wireless network?

As for your offer of a visit, certainly, pop in, anything to break up the boredom is very welcome.

You mentioned living in Brentwood. Well I know it very well, as I?m based there in the Town Hall. I work for Essex County Council as a social worker, so Brentwood is my stomping ground.

Terry

tom
    Participant

Hi Terry

Am pleased you got them little blighters out but am sure 6 wont be enough for two SCT? but hey ho you never know.

I found it strange that you had to make your own way to hospital?? I went into Scunthorpe General and had my Femoral Line fitted, stayed in Hospital over nite and was transported to Leeds (seacroft hospital) by Car and brought home free of charge, collected enough of me for two SCT in one sitting (three hours total) but they put them into three bags so it worked out they gave me too many and left none for a second Transplant :-S But hey I have no need to worry as I wont need another the first will work for years and years Lol8-)

Good Luck with the forthcomming Transplant terry and keep strong

Tom "Onwards and Upwards" x

brocho
    Participant

Hi Terry it seems wrong in this age of wireless technology that wifi access isnt available especially when you are stuck in hospital. If your home broadband is with BT they have wifi access all over the place and its free , you can download a map to see which is the nearest London has loads Good luck on the 5th you will be home before you know it love Bridget x

keen
    Participant

Bridget, You were kind enough to send a reply and I can't find it on the site. In fact I am having a lot of trouble finding anything! Bad day? Senior Moment or is the site playing up. Sylvia

Linheape
    Participant

Good luck with your harvest i will be celebrating 13year birthday in march since my stem cell transplant.keep positive and stay well ,
    Lin h

brocho
    Participant

Hi Sylvia the gremlins manage to hide a few posts on here just like they hide things in my house!! I cant remember where I posted it either ! Its good to hear from you though Stay well love Bridget x

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Starting stem cell harvest next Monday.’ is closed to new replies.