TABLETOP SALE & COFFEE MORNING FOR MMUK

This topic contains 12 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Helen 12 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Debs
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I hope you don't mind me posting about this on here but when I did one last year, we did get people attending as a result 🙂

SUNDAY 6th NOVEMBER 1pm?4.30pm
    TABLETOP SALE & COFFEE AFTERNOON (with raffle)
    West Wycombe Village Hall (Buckinghamshire)
    Clear out for Christmas/ sell preserves, cards, cakes, toys etc…

Sellers: £10 per table (Set up 12.15?1pm)
    Buyers: 50p adults, children free

**Proceeds go to Myeloma UK**
    Already committed to coming:
    Phoenix Cards, Anna Gray Design, ?All that Glitters? Face Painting, Crazy Bakes cakes

Raffle Prizes to date: Case of Rebellion Beer, Flower arrangement, The Tree ? Sunday Lunch for two with min of 4 people attending, Adora Beauty voucher, Nando voucher £20 (High Wycombe), La Tasca voucher, Roccola Hair ? cut, style and dry + House massage (High Wycombe), Family ticket for Hellfire caves, Hamper from Discovery Foods

Donations of unused or good quality toys/books and raffle prizes would be gratefully received ? we are happy to collect.
    To book a table or make a donation please contact:
    Deb Gascoyne: 07974 074401/ 01494 522 876
    E-Mail: gascoyne2@virginmedia.com

To buy raffle tickets if you aren't local, please go to http://www.justgiving.com/DebFraserGascoyne

Thanks everyone!
    Debs

Min
    Participant

Good luck to you Debs ands well done in advance.
    Your post caught my eye because Peter and I used to live in Piddington. and drove thru West Wycombe to get anywhere in particular High Wycome where our daughter was born and Peter was posted in the RAF so it was like a blast from the past seeing it written down.
    Hope you dont mind my going off in a tangent but my eyes lit up for a moment with happy memories.
    Love Min

Debs
    Participant

It's lovely to hear you going off on a tangent! I know Piddington as quite a lot of my friends live there. It's all a lovely area and I feel so glad we moved here 8 years ago from London 🙂 We had our 7 year old at High Wycombe like you….Our 5 year old, Sam, was born at home – an A40 baby!!!
    Love
    Debs x

Debs
    Participant

Hi everyone

I just wanted to say thank you to those of you who supported this event. I met a couple of you at the sale which was really lovely! The day was heaving which was amazing.

Anyway, I wanted to let you know that we have made at least £1700 from the event – it made all the hard work well worth it…..now I am under strict instructions from my husband, family and friends to rest all this week before I make myself ill!!!

To those of you about to go through the SCT, I hope this gives you great hope…it was only 3.5 months ago that I was sat on the bed having my cells back!

Anyway, thank you if you came along or made a donation – it helped make the day a major success

Take care
    Debs x

Gill
    Participant

Well done Debs what a brilliant amount of money. I agree with your family a bit of rest, recuperation and some TLC needed now, so sit back and congratulate yourself on the success of all your hard work

Love from Gill xx

Tina
    Participant

Well done Debs,

You must be kn***ered! definately time to put your feet up. Sorry I couldn't make it, but in a way glad I couldn't as the clutch went on my car!
    You do such a great job raising money for MM – fantastic

I was invited to a birthday party held on sat night in Wycombe by the staff nurse who looked after Pat at both Wycombe and Stoke Mandeville. It was so nice to finally thank her without getting overly emotional. There were half a dozen nurses from the Haem ward who also got to know Pat well over the years and it was strangely nice to see them.

Take care
    Tina

tom
    Participant

Well Done Debs and her Gang 😀 it was a great amount 😎 and now is the time for a rest as you Family say.

Love
    Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xxx

zasrs
    Participant

Well done Debs, we are having a coffee morning on 26th november in the old barn for MMUK have the tee shirts and ballons, anyone around that day near eastbourne please come it would be great to meet you1

Sarah xx

Helen
    Participant

Hi Debs
    That's a brilliant result
    Helen

sandra
    Participant

Hi Sarah I wish I had logged on earlier and read your post I would have come along as I am in Westham !! I had a coffee morning at my house on the 19th November raising £430 . I have had mm for 4 years , am 46 and have 2 teenage kids , I am still working and carrying on pretty normally after a stem cell transplant in 08 and one pending for 2012 !

Glad we are keeping up the fundraising for the east sussex area well done !

Sandra x

Perkymite
    Participant

That is really quite an incredible amount to raise at a coffee morning, well done.

Kindest reagrds – Vasbyte

David

eve
    Participant

Well done Debs
    were did you find the energy!!I want some.I agree you should take it a bit easier,you must have worked very hard.have a good Christmas Deb.Eve

zasrs
    Participant

Hi Sandra
    Wish i had known about yours as well i would have come!! You sound as though you are keeping well, my husband gordon died in august, his 1st sct was wonderful and lasted 6 painfree normal years, then 18 months revlamid then a second sct not so good, give my regards to dr g and sharon when you next see them
    best wishes sarah

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘TABLETOP SALE & COFFEE MORNING FOR MMUK’ is closed to new replies.